There are many career options available after passing class 10th or class 12th or after graduation etc. One just has to select the right career options as per his/her interest and passion. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the Career as Diploma in Electrical Engineering and what are the career options available in this field etc. We will get to know the details like required eligibility criteria for admission, complete admission process in the courses and top colleges for admission etc. To get complete information, one must check the article below.
Electrical Engineering is a known field and there are vast career options available in the field. There are many types of courses available in the field. One has an option to pursue Diploma courses, Degree courses as well as Master’s degree courses in the related field. The required criteria for admission in each course may be different. Here we will see more about the Diploma in Electrical Engineering and career options available in this field etc.
Visit us- Engineering Courses After 12th
Table of Content
What is Diploma in Electrical Engineering:
A diploma in electrical engineering is a three-year skill-enabling engineering programme that students will pursue when finishing category ten. The course deals with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, magnetism, management systems, signal process and telecommunications. The eligibility for Diploma in engineering science courses may be a minimum score of fifty marks in school ten. A relaxation of fifty is provided to the candidate who belongs to reserved classes. Diploma in engineering science programme includes subjects like electrical device Theory, Electronic Devices and Circuits, Transducers and Signal Conditioners, grid, etc. The admission to the Diploma in engineering science is completed on the premise of the entrance exam conducted by the varied state authorities like urban centre CET, JEXPO, HP PAT, BCECE, etc. let’ see the details about the required criteria that is mandatory to have to apply for the admission in the course.
Required Eligibility Criteria:
A candidate becomes eligible to pursue the diploma courses after passing class 10th. In order to pursue the Diploma in Electrical Engineering. One must have the following criteria:
- A candidate must have passed class 10th in the science stream from any government recognized board.
- There are also some marks criteria. A candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in each subject to apply for admission to the reputed colleges.
- Well, the marks criteria are not the same for every college, It is required by some reputed colleges only.
- The candidate must have no backlog in class 10th.
- There are no age criteria or barrier that has been mentioned for the admission. So, All age group students are eligible to apply for admission.
- But the age of the candidate must be as per the Indian Education Standard.
Visit us- Career in Industrial Engineering
The Admission in the course is done in many formats. In order to get admission in the reputed colleges, A candidate will have to clear the entrance examination which is conducted at the Institute Level. On the basis of the marks scored in the examination. The Admission will be granted.
There are also some private colleges that offer admission on the basis of the marks scored in the class 10th board examination. Some colleges also conduct the Interview or Oral Examination and select the candidates on the basis of their performance. The admission is done in many ways but to get to a reputed college, you will have to clear the entrance exam and score a good to clear the cutoff marks.
Some non-reputed colleges also offer direct admission to the course. Admission without any entrance exam, Interview or oral exam etc. Well, one should not opt for admission to that colleges. They will definitely charge much more as compared to the reputed colleges. Always try to take admission in the government colleges to get better education at affordable fees.
Visit Us- Diploma in Software Engineering
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Syllabus:
The Syllabus of the course may be different as per the Colleges, Institute or Universities etc but it would be completely the same in overall manner. The diploma course is for three years and these three years is been devided into the six semesters. Here is the syllabus of the each semester of the course.
|Communication English I
|Communication English II
|Engineering Mathematics I
|Engineering Mathematics II
|Engineering Physics I
|Engineering Chemistry I
|Engineering Physics II
|Engineering Graphics I
|Engineering Graphics II
|Engineering Physics I (Practical)
|Engineering Physics II (Practical)
|Engineering Chemistry I (Practical)
|Engineering Chemistry II (Practical
|Electrical Circuit Theory
|Measurements and Instruments
|Electronic Devices and Circuits
|Electrical Circuits and Machines (Practical)
|Transducers and Signal Conditioners
|Electronic Devices and Circuits (Practical)
|Electrical Machines and Instrumentation (Practical)
|Digital Electronics & Linear Integrated Circuits (Practical)
|Communication and Life Skills Practice
|Electrical Estimation and Energy Auditing
|Special Electrical Machines
|Programmable Logic Controller
|Computer Hardware and Networks
|Electrical Machine Controller
Top Colleges for Diploma in Electrical Engineering:
There are many colleges for admission. A candidate is free to choose the college as his/her comfort. The Thinks Knowledge here does not promote any college. The names have been shared just to help the students.
- Dr. B.R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jalandhar
- Next Wave Arts Institute of Multimedia and Technology, Chandigarh
- ACMT Polytechnic, New Delhi
- Dr. MGR Polytechnic College, Tiruvannamalai
- All India Institute of Public and Physical Health Sciences (AIIPPHS), Delhi
- Sanford College of Information Technology (SCIT), Bangalore
- Srinivasan Centre for Polytechnic College and Advanced Training (CPAT-TVS), Chennai
- Aastha Polytechnic, Yamuna Nagar
- Indian Institute of Knowledge Management (IIKM), Chennai
- SSK College, Chennai etc
These are the some best colleges for admission to the course. You can choose college as per your comfort. Most of these colleges offer admission on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examinations. Now let’s see the Career scope and job opportunities in Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
Visit Us- Career a Mining Engineering
Career Scope and Job Opportunities:
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a career-oriented course and one can easily get a job after the completion of the course. the field of engineering is growing in India as survey, the IT Industry about to get a better hike in terms of growth and job opportunities. The Career is better and talented candidates make a good amount of money from this field. You have to look wide and be serious about your career and goals. Grab the opportunities once you get them. Here are some best job profiles in the field who earns better than degree holder in the related field.
- Chief Engineer post
- Workshop Manager post
- Operations Manager post
- Engineering Technologist post
- Development and Test Engineer post
- Electrical Product Design Engineer post
- Project Manager post
- You can work as a consultant
- Project Head post etc
Always choose the reputed colleges for admission. Most of the reputed colleges conduct the college placement drive and it becomes very easy for one to get placed well through the college. Here is the list of top recruiting companies after the Diploma in Electrical Engineering course.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Jindal Steel & Power Limited
- Tata Steel & Power Limited
- State Electricity Board
- TRF Ltd
- Hindustan Motor
- Tata Metaliks
- Tata Motors
- ALSTOM India Power project
- Bhushan Steel
- Durgapur steel plant
- OMEGA Elevator
- CONE Elevator
- Everest Industry
- ZENITH Construction etc
- L&T Construction and STEEL
- Jay Balaji Steel etc
Top Countries that offers best Salary to the Diploma Holders:
- Canada: Average salary is b $115000
- South Korea: Average Salary is $102,000
- United states: Average salary is $100,000
- Switzerland: Average Salary is $100,000
- Australia: Average Salary is $96,000
- Japan: Average salary is $84,000
- Germany: Average salary is $81,000
- Norway: Average salary is $ 80,000
- Belgium: Average salary is $ 80,000
On average in India, A fresher can make somewhere between 20,200/- per month to 45,000/- per month depending upon the company and type of work you are doing etc. You just have to choose the better college that could give you proper education and proper practical knowledge about the field and prepare you in a better manner.