There are many career options available after passing class 10th, Class 12th, after graduation or after post-graduation etc. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the Career as Diploma in Physiotherapy and How one can make a career in this field through this course etc. We will get to know the complete details about the required eligibility criteria for the admission and its complete admission process in the course etc. To get detailed information about this, check the complete article below:
There are also many types of courses available in this field. One has an option to pursue the Diploma course, Certificate course, Under-graduate course and master’s course etc. Here in this article, We will only see the details about the DPT. Let’s see the complete details below:
What is Physiotherapy Course:
A diploma in Physiotherapy is a type of medical course which can be done by students who want to pursue a career in healthcare. Especially for those aspiring students who want to serve the patients diligently, who want to give life to the patient with their hard work, dedication and strong will. After doing this course, students can help those patients who are injured, disabled or not able to live their everyday life for some reason.
In this course, you will be taught a variety of techniques such as exercise, manual therapy and rehabilitation, with the help of which you will be able to treat patients and help them to live a normal life. And pursuing a career in physiotherapy can be very beneficial because the field of physiotherapy is growing continuously with the advancement of technology and demand for the best physiotherapists is increasing rapidly day by day.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Course Overview:
|Full Name||Diploma in Physiotherapy|
|Duration of the Course||Two years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Science stream|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ based on marks secured in the entrance test|
|Annual Course Fee||Rs 10,000/- to Rs 5,00,000/-|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs 3,00,000/- to 20,00,000/- LPA|
There are some required eligibility criteria that are mandatory to have to apply for Admission in the course. Here are the complete details about the eligibility.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Eligibility Criteria:
There are no very complicated criteria required to become a physiotherapist. Although then the criteria to become a three-piece is different from university to university there are some things that are the same. However, in order to become a therapy, you have to take care of some criteria.
- First of all, students who want to become physiotherapists must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent examination in the Science stream from the recognized board of education in India.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 45 % marks in subjects such as Physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics.
- Some universities and colleges have their own separate examinations, which are necessary to qualify.
Now let’s see the complete admission process in the DPT. The admission criteria in the course are different in each college.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission Process:
The Admission Process for Diploma in Physiotherapy differs from one college to another. In most of the colleges, admission is given on the basis of the tenth and twelfth marks And there are some colleges, in which admission is given on the basis of the entrance exam. And there are some colleges that shortlist the candidates on the basis of their past academic performance group discussion and interview. There are some things which are very important to keep in mind for taking admission.
- Candidates need to visit the official websites of the desired college and check the eligibility of the course.
- Institutes that offer a Diploma in Physiotherapy announce the registration date before the day the candidates need to visit the official website on that particular date and fill up the application form.
- Fill all your details in the application form carefully and comfortably And submit all your required documents correctly And submit all your required documents like the 12 mark sheet.
- After doing all the above processes correctly, you will be given the date of entrance by the college and on that date, your entrance exam will be held.
- If you clear the entrance exam for a diploma in physiotherapy, the college authorities will call you for counselling. Entrance exams There are many national and state-level entrance exams for diplomas in physiotherapy Here are some important entrance exams.
- IPU CET: IPU CET is an Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test.
- BCECE: BCECE is a Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination which is state level examination.
- CPNET: CPNET is a Combined Paramedical, Pharmacy, and Nursing Entrance exam, is a state-level entrance examination conducted by Uttar Pradesh University of medical science.
Now let’s see the complete syllabus of the DPT Course that one will be studying in the course. Here are the details about the course.
Visit us- GNM Course Details
Diploma in Physiotherapy Syllabus:
The duration of the course is three years. The Syllabus of each year is different. Here is the complete details about the syllabus:
First Year Syllabus:
|Clinical Pathology||Applied Pathology|
|General Physiology||Physical Exercise Therapy|
Second Year Syllabus:
|Electrotherapy||Physical Rehabilitation Medicine|
Third Year Syllabus:
|Medical Physiotherapy||Surgical Physiotherapy|
|Biomechanics and Kinesiology||Out-Patient Therapy|
Top colleges for Diploma in Physiotherapy:
There are also many other colleges other than this. Here is the list of the best colleges that are known for this course. The Names that have been shared here are for the help of the students. The thinks knowledge does not promote any college here. One must do proper cross-check before admission.
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Christian Medical College, Tamil Nadu||INR 22,130|
|National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore||INR 54,000|
|National Institute of Management and Technology (NIMT), Greater Noida||INR 153,000|
|King’s George Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow||INR 73,000|
|Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh||INR 216,700|
|Institute Of Postgraduate Medical Education And Research||INR 15,000|
|Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institutions, Bareilly||INR 33,330|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||N/A|
|Era’s Lucknow Medical College And Hospital, Lucknow||INR 145,000|
|Madhav University||INR 55,000|
|Teerthanker Mahaveer University||INR 60,500|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University||INR 26,000|
|CMJ University||INR 56,000|
Career Scope and Job Opportunities:
A Career can be better in this field. One just needs to get proper education and training. This is a field that is still in the growing phase and in future, it would have lots of opportunities. After the completion of the course, One has an option to pursue the Undergraduate course in the respected field to get better career growth. Here are some job profiles and top recruiters of the candidates who have pursued the Diploma in Physiotherapy
I hope you got the complete details about this course and what are career options available after the completion of the course. One just needs to join a better college and gain proper education and knowledge.
FAQs For Diploma in Physiotherapy
The Duration of the course is 2 years or three years depending upon the college. Some colleges include internships in the overall duration while some colleges do not.
No, The BPT stands for Bachelor of Physiotherapy while the DPT is Diploma in Physiotherapy. The Bachelor degree has more value than a Diploma certificate and also for better career growth.
No, most of the reputed colleges conduct the entrance exam for admission but some colleges also offer admission on the basis of the marks scored in the last qualifying exams or direct admission in the course etc.
The admission in the course is done through the Entrance exam, Direct Admission or admission on the basis of the marks scored in the last qualifying examination. The admission process depends on the college.