The Career can be better in any field. One just needs to have proper knowledge about that. There are many candidates who have particular aims like becoming a doctor, pilot and maybe engineer etc. Here in this article, I am sharing with you teh complete details about the How to become Drug Inspector in India. We will get to know the complete details about the required eligibility criteria which is mandatory to have to apply for this vacancy and its complete selection process etc. Let’s see the information below:
The Medical field is very broad and it has number of posts and positions to work on. Few courses are very famous in the medicine field like MBBS, BDS, B Pharmacy etc and more. These are the some top level career options in the field of medicine in India as well as in the world. There are also many other posts as well that are very well known like Drug Inspector, Medicine Scientists etc and more. Here we will get to know the complete path to become drug inspector and what are the other posibilities available etc.
Visit us- How to Become Police Officer in India
Table of Content
Drug Inspector may be a skilled who is associate degree professional to observe the security, utility potency, and quality of a drug from its producing till its sale at the retail search. Drug inspector or internal control inspector is that the one who works to confirm that the medication are safe for human consumption. Their primary responsibility is to look at prescription drugs at varied stages of the producing, distribution, and commerce method to confirm that the prescribed standards square measure being met.
How to become Drug Inspector in India:
The process is simple and clear. If you have aim of becoming a drug inspector in India. You will need to have Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from any government recognized university or Institute. Here is the step by step process given below regarding career as a drug inspector:
- You have pass class 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics etc.
- Apply for admission in Bachelor of Pharmacy course.
- Complete the course and then appear for the examination.
The Selection of the drug inspectors are done through the examination. The Exams are conducted by the State Public Service Commission as well as Union Public Service Commission etc. The Selection is done in three phases, One has to appear for the written test & Interview etc.
The Questions in the written exam will more from the General Science, General Knowledge and Pharmacy etc. Well, In order to appear for the exam, there are some required criteria that is manatory to have. Let’s see the complete details about the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria Required:
To be eligible to become a drug inspector, a candidate should have completed his graduation in pharmacy or pharmaceutical science or clinical pharmacology or microbiology or medicine or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- To appear for the examination, the age of the candidate must be between 21 years old to 30 years old.
- There are some relaxation in age has been given to the candidate who belongs to the OBC, SC/ST categories etc.
- Remember, The eligibility criteria, age limit & relaxation criteria may vary from state to state.
- You must check the eligibility criteria of your state commission that is conducting the examination.
Well, the required educational qualification is same in almost every state. But to appear for the Central Govenment Examination (Union Public Service Commission). There may be requirement of Master’s degree (Master in Pharmacy). Check the criteria before you opt to apply for the examination.
Skills Required to become Drug Inspector:
- To become a drug inspector, you want to have an intensive understanding of varied safety standards, rules, and rules associated with expendable things, particularly medication and medication.
- Besides this, you ought to be disciplined, have the power to figure within the team, have the commitment to surpass in various fields, and possess the assurance to figure effectively in testing conditions.
- You ought to conjointly possess the capability of acting tests to judge the potential compatibility of varied salts and should be up so far with what’s happening within the field of prescription drugs and different connected technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary duties of a drug inspector embody scrutiny of all business institutions that square measure engaged within the production, storage, and sale of food things, medicines, and cosmetics.
- Drug inspectors also are concerned in observation and scrutiny of healthful conditions at the premises of all such units. If they realize any irregularities within the operation of those units, they’ll exercise their authority to cancel the license to confirm safety, quality, and hygiene.
- Besides this, the drug inspector conjointly collects samples for microorganism and different chemical tests, seizes the faux product, and destroy them.
- A drug inspector needs to prepare reports on samples and actions taken and report them to senior officers.
- He/she is entitled for the implementation of connected laws and standards inside its space of operating with the assistance of native administration.
Career as Drug Inspector:
The medical field is very wide and it is known for paying really well. The government payscale to the medical professional is very well. Drug Inspectors are appointed by numerous central and authorities departments like Health and Family Welfare. A career as a drug inspector is so one in all the foremost promising and well-rewarded careers for those fulfilling the eligibility.
After the completion of the Bachelor of Pharmacy, One gets the license to open medical store or can also work at any pharmaceutical shop. One has option to pursue master’s degree in the related field as well (Master of Pharmacy) etc.
Visit us- How to Become DSP After 12th in India
The State Government as well as the central government pays really well. During the initial phase as a drug inspector, one gets around 50,000/- per month to 60,000/- per month depending upon the location and type of work etc. With just few years of experience in the field or after first promotion, your salary as well as the government allowances will hike.
The Salary is better in medicine field either you are working on government sector or private sector. You would have better earning. Well, In order to earn better, one will have to gain better knowledge & experience. Join better college and gain proper theoretical knowledge as well as practical knowledge etc.
The Exam to become drug inspector is not that easy, there is huge competition in this field as well. One will have to prepare very well for the examination. The paper is not that tough but the competition is too much in this field.
FAQs For Drug Inspector
Nothing is easy, the government exams are always tough. There is huge competition in this field as well. But, it is not tough for one who is hardworking and has a passion to become successful.
No, One just has to have a bachelor of pharmacy degree from any government recognized institute or university. There may be a requirement for M.pharma in UPSC Examinations. But, Make sure to check the latest required criteria before opting to apply for this.
There are two papers in the written examination. One has to prepare General Knowledge and Pharmacy related questions.