There are many fields where one can make a better career after the completion of class 12th. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the How to become Company Secretary After the 12th and what are the career options in this and overall career growth etc. We will get to know the complete required eligibility criteria and types of courses available after the completion of class 12th etc. Check our blog below to get complete details about this.
What is Company Secretary:
A company secretary handles the legal obligations of the enterprise or individual. A company secretary is liable to maintain and audit the company’s tax returns, keeping records of happenings of the company, advising the board of directors about the financial record of the company and ensuring that the company is following all the legalities. Apart from this, there are lot more responsibilities of a company secretary like look over shareholders, insurance, pension, schemes related to employees, look over governance structure etc. If you are wishing to be a company secretary then it is the best job you can choose from commerce background because of its high salary and low stress.
Ways to Become Company Secretary After 12th:
The ICSI (Institute of Company Secretary of India) offers the course to be the company secretary. In order to become company secretary after the 12th, you have to quality an entrance exam CSEET (Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test) which is conducted at the national level. There are three stages to become a company secretary (CS), the first one is Foundation course, after qualifying the first course the second course is Executive course and then there is Professional course. After qualifying these three the final is the management training round after which the candidate will be certified as a CS graduate. The ICSI gives training and education to thousands of students. The details of these three courses to become company secretary after 12th are given below:
FOUNDATION COURSE: Foundation course is the first level of a company secretary or the first path of the company secretary. The foundation course is provided by ICSI (Institute of company secretary of India).
Eligibility for Company secretary foundation:
- Candidates who aspire to take up for foundation course must come through their 10 + 2 entrance tests.
- The candidate must have cleared their 12th from any recognised board with an aggregate of 50% marks.
Duration of Company secretary foundation: The duration of the first path of the company secretary that is a Foundation course is 8 months long.
Fee structure of Company secretary Foundation: The candidate has to pay fees for both admission fees and tuition fees. The fee structure of this course is given below:-
- Admission fees – 1200
- Examination form fees – 875
- Tuition fees – 2400
- Total – 4475
Company Secretary Foundation: Syllabus
- Business Law and Environment
- Business Management, ethics and Entrepreneurship
- Business Economics
- Accounting and Auditing
EXECUTIVE COURSE: This is the second step towards the company secretary. Students from any stream can pursue this course except students of fine arts.
Visit us- Career as a Cost Management Accounting
Company secretary executive: Eligibility
- Those who have cleared foundation courses only those students can pursue this course.
- Students can also pursue this course if they are under graduated with any background of specialisation.
- The age of the candidate is a minimum of 17 and maximum there is no limit.
Duration of Company Secretary Executive: The duration of the second level of company secretary that is executive level is 9 months long.
Fee Structure of Company secretary executive: The fee structure of this course is higher than the earlier one that is the foundation course. The details of fees are given below:-
- Registration – 1500
- Tuition Fee – 5000
- Examination Form fee – 1800
- Examination Fee – 500
- Total – 8,800
Company Secretary Executive: Syllabus
- Jurisprudence, Interpretation & General Laws
- Corporate & Management Accounting
- Company Law
- Securities Laws & Capital Markets
- Setting up of Business Entities and Closure
- Economic, Business and Commercial Laws
- Tax Laws
- Financial & Strategic Management
PROFESSIONAL COURSE: Students can only pursue this course after successfully completing the executive and foundation course.
Company Secretary Professional: Eligibility
- The age of the candidate must be above 17 years.
- The students who have qualifies for Executive courses can only pursue this course.
Company Secretary Professional: Duration
The company secretary programme is of 3 years where the combination of first two programmes or courses that is executive and foundation course is 15 months and the third course is equal to the first two courses that is 15 months.
Company Secretary Professional: Fee structure
The fee structure of this course is comparatively higher than the first two courses. The list is given below:-
- Examination Form Fee – 2250
- Registration Fee – 1500
- Tuition Fee – 9500
- Total – 13,250
These are the ways to become a company secretary after class 12th. You can appear for the following course to get better career options. these are all the reputed courses and one can have a better career after the completion of teh course. Now let’s see the syllabus of the Company secretary professionals and after that we will see the Job profiles and top recruiters etc.
Company Secretary Professional Syllabus
The syllabus of the CS professional course is given below:-
- Governance, Risk Management, Compliances and Ethics
- Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence.
- Corporate Funding & Listings in Stock Exchanges
- Advanced Tax Law
- Corporate Restructuring, Insolvency, Liquidation & Winding-up
- Multidisciplinary Case Studies (The examination for this paper will be an open-book examination)
- Drafting, Pleadings and Appearances
- Resolution of Corporate Disputes, Non-Compliances & Remedies
- Electives: 1 paper out of below 8 papers
- Banking – Law & Practice
- Insurance – Law & Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights – Laws and Practices
- Forensic Audit
- Direct Tax Law & Practice
- Labour Laws & Practice
- Valuations & Business Modelling
- Insolvency – Law and Practice
COMPANY SECRETARY JOB PROFILES:
There are various jobs available after completing this course with higher salaries and less stress. Every business enterprise whether big or small, private, government or semi-government needs a company secretary to maintain records and manage the enterprise. A well qualifies company secretary will find a job everywhere in the field of business. The demand for a company secretary is always high. Here’s the list of some jobs you can choose after completing this 3-year course. They are given below:-
- Assistance to the Board of Directors
- Company Registrar
- Legal Advisor
- Corporate Policymaker
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Principal Secretary
- Corporate Planner
- Managing Director
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Secretary
- Investor Capital Market Relations
- Contents Coordinator
TOP RECRUITERS FOR CS:
The demand for a company secretary never gets dull. Apart from other small or private companies, there are some top companies that hire company secretaries. They are:-
- ACB Group of Companies
- Punjab National Bank
- Monolith Industries Limited
- Shri Lal Mahal Ltd.
- Glocal Healthcare Systems Pvt Ltd.
- Parsvnath Infra Ltd.
- Trinity Reinsurance Brokers Ltd.
- Janalakshmi Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation Ltd.
- DaVita Care (India) Pvt Ltd.
- Jaypee Group
- SNG & Partners (Law Firm)
- Heinz India Pvt Ltd.
- Birla Corporation Ltd.
- Omaxe Ltd.
- BGM Consortium Ltd.
- Karur Vysya Bank Ltd.
- OIL India Ltd.
- BESTECH India Pvt Ltd
- HCL Technologies Ltd.
Visit us- Career in Bachelor of Commerce
COMPANY SECRETARY SALARY:
The salary of the company secretary depends upon the skills and experience of the person. A highly skilled person gets a high salary. Some corporations hire highly recommended company secretaries and offer high salaries.
- The average salary is 6 lakhs per annum.
- The starting salary is 3 lakhs per annum.
- The salary of seniors is 10 lakhs per annum.
After the completion of all three courses that is Foundation Course, Executive Course and Professional Course, the final is training. The candidate has to undergo training and development programs.
- Computer Training
- Student Induction Programme
- Executive Development Programme
- Long Terms Internship with specified entities (Three years on registration to Executive Programme or Two years after passing the Executive Programme or One year after passing the Professional Programme)
- Professional Development Programme
- Training with a specialised agency
- Management Skills Orientation Programme (15 days)
I hope, you got the complete details about How to become company secretary after class 12th. well, it is not easy to be one. One will have to pursue a better course and gain proper theoretical knowledge as well as practical knowledge etc.
FAQs For How To Become Company Secretary After 12th
In India, the salary can be somewhere between 9,00,000/- per annum to 15,00,000 per annum or even more depending upon the company you are in.
Yes, Clearing CS is not big deal, One just need to do proper preparation with the right mindset etc.
There are multiple degrees that candidates can have along with the CS degree. Mentionable among these are –
CS with CA
CS with LLB
CS with MBA Finance, etc.