There are tons of Career Options available after passing class 12th to join the Indian Air force. Here in this article, we will get to know about the Career at the Indian Air force after the 12th. There are many ways to become an Officer as well as to join the IAF as Airmen etc. All you need is to choose the right career for yourself in the Indian Air force that suits your personality and can perform your duties in a higher standard manner. So, basically, we will get to see the option to become an Officer and to become Airmen in the Indian Air force after the 12th.
A career at the Indian Air force after 12th:
Working in the Air force is a dream of many youngsters in India. The IAF recruitment authority allows you to join the service after passing class 12th. There are basically three departments in the IAF that one has the option to join.
- Flying Branch: Combat and missile-carrying pilots (Fighter Pilots); guys and material-transporting pilots; helicopter pilots who provide air help to a marching army.
- Technical Branch: They are in charge of the Air Force’s engineering Gear and weaponry systems.
- Ground Duty: Contains divisions that guide the flying and technical branches with logistical and meteorological assistance, as properly as academic and administrative.
One has the option to join the branch as an Officer or as Airmen. So, basically, there are two ways to make your career at Indian Air Force after the 12th which are to appear:
- Officer’s Entry
- Airmen’s Entry etc.
We will get to know about each entry in detail and what required criteria one needs to have to apply for the vacancies etc. Here are the details about the Officer’s Entry.
Read Also- How to Join Indian Airforce After 12th
Officer’s Entry to make a career at Indian Air Force:
Once you passed your class 12th, you can apply for the following entries of the Indian Air force to join the service as an officer.
- NDA (National Defence Academy) Entry
NDA Entry: This is an Examination that is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. All the candidates who aim to become an Officer in the Indian Armed forces like Indian Army, Indian Navy or Indian Air force etc. can apply for this entry. There are three stages of selection that one has to clear:
- Written Exam by UPSC
- SSB Interview (Service Selection Board)
- Medical Tests etc.
Once you clear this all stages of selection. You will get trained at the National Defence Academy (NDA) for three years. After finishing your training at NDA, you will get an option to choose Airforce or Navy or Army etc. Here, you have to choose the Indian Air force. Then you will shift to the Air Force Training Academy, Dindigul where you will get trained for 2 years.
Here are the some required criteria that one needs to have to apply for the NDA Application form:
- A candidate must have Indian Nationality.
- Both Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for the vacancy.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must have passed class 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- One must have passed from any government-recognized board like State Board or Central Board etc.
- Age Limit: The age of candidate must be at least 16.5 years old to 19 years old.
- The age limit is going to be the same in every manner, no relaxation has been given to any particular caste or religion or community.
- Medical Condition: A candidate must be physically & medically fit in every manner. You must not have even minor issues in your body.
These are the basic criteria that one needs to have to apply for Officers Entry to make Career At the Indian Air force. The required criteria for the Male and Female candidates are going to be the same except for height and some physical conditions. The NDA vacancy is released twice a year. One in the month of January or February and Again in the month of June or July etc.
Airmen’s Recruitment in the Indian Air Force:
There are different departments for the Air force airman. They are responsible to maintain the Internal Security of the Indian Airforce, they also assist the Flying Officer, engineers as well as Ground Duty Officers etc. There are basically two departments in the Airmen’s vacancy:
- Airforce X Group Vacancy (Technical Branch)
- Airforce Y Group Vacancy (Non-Technical) etc.
The vacancy is released combined as ” Indian Air Force X and Y Group Vacancy. The Selection Process and the required criteria are pretty much similar to make a Career at Indian Air Force as an Airmen. Here are the details about the Selection process for the Airmen:
- Online Exam (Computer-Based Test).
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Tests etc.
These are the three main stages of selection that one has to clear to become an Airman in the Air force. Out of all, the Written Exam is considered to be the toughest one. You have to prepare for the Written Exam in a better manner.
Once you finish the complete selection procedure. You will get proper training regarding your trade Technical or Non-technical at the designated Air Force Training centre in India. The Duration of the Training period is around 2 years. Once you are done with your training, you will start your Career at Indian Air Force after 12th as an Airmen.
Once you become an Airman in the Service, you will get a chance to appear for Internal Exams as well to become an officer in the Service. It is up to you to choose the exam or not. Most of the candidates join the service and then keep on trying to be an officer.
It is easy to clear the Selection Stages of an Airman as compared to the Officer’s Entry. Here are the details about the required criteria that one needs to have to apply for the Airmen’s Vacancy.
In order to apply for the Airforce X and Y Group vacancy, A candidate must have passed class 12th from any government-recognized Board.
- Airforce X Group: A candidate must have passed class 12th with Physics and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks. Or a 3 years diploma in Engineering in any discipline from a government-recognized Institute.
- Airforce Y Group: To apply for the Y group, A candidate just needs to have passed class 12th in any stream from government recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Age Limit: The Age limit is the same for both. The age of the candidate must be at least 17 years old while applying online for the vacancy and they should not be more than 21 years old at the time of commencement of training.
A candidate must be medically and physically fit in every manner. There should not be even a minor issue in the medical or physical of the candidate. So these are the details about my Career at Indian Air Force after 12th. Apart from all the required eligibility criteria. A candidate also needs to have some essential qualities to survive in the service.
Essential Qualities to Join the Service:
Unlike different professions, Air Force is replete with risks, limitations and thrills galore. Hence aspiring youths must take the mentioned points seriously before adopting this profession. If possess any or most of the following qualities, think about your self eligible for a post. You have to be bold, speeding and daring.
- Must have a sense of adventure
- Must be inclined to danger your existence for the nation
- Must be philosophical and recognize the ephemeral pleasant of life
- Must be hardworking, in a position to face up to strain
- Must be fond of travelling
- Must be in a position to fly for longer hours
- Must have a calm temperament and robust nerves etc.
The Career at the Indian Air Force is very adventurous and daring. You will live like a king while you are at your home but you will live as a soldier while you are on duty. Only Join the service if you have a love for the nation and want to serve the nation at its best.
FAQs For Career at Indian Air Force After 12th
No, A candidate needs to have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to apply for the NDA Vacancy.
At the Age of 21, one can become an officer in any Armed forces. But, one can join the training at the age of 16.5 years old but will become an officer at the age of 21 years old.
The age of the candidate must be at least 162cms for male candidates and it should be 152cms for female candidates. There is some relaxation given to the candidates who belong to the Hilly areas.
Leave a Comment