Organic farming is overall a production management system that promotes and maintains biological diversity, nutritional biological cycles and soil-related biological and microbiological functioning. It is generally defined as a system of agriculture in which chemical fertilizers / pesticides are not used and it is mainly used for dung manure, leaf manure, pomace and natural biological pest control and plant protection.
It is not hidden from anyone that the Green Revolution of the 60s made the country self-sufficient in the direction of food grains, but if we look at its other aspects, it is also a reality that with the use of indiscriminate fertilizers in farming, the water level is declining. Soil fertility has also been affected and after a while, food production has not only stagnated, but also increased pollution and health.
Serious threat arose, making it look that form the Earth’s deserts with gold breathing. Soil contains hundreds of different types of fauna and bacteria, which consumes insects harmful to agriculture. As a result production is affected. Therefore, the need of the hour is that taking lessons from the experiences of the first revolution of the 60s, we should focus on organic farming, taking precautions in the use of chemical fertilizers.
Benefits Of Organic Farming
Benefits of soil
- Using organic manure improves the quality of the land.
- Land holding capacity increases.
- Evaporation of water from the ground will decrease.
Benefits from the point of view of farmers
- The fertile capacity of the land increases.
- Irrigation intervals increase.
- Reducing dependence on chemical fertilizer reduces costs.
- Increase in productivity of crops.
- The water level of the land increases.
- There is a reduction in pollution through water in soil, food and soil.
- Use of waste to make manure reduces diseases.
- Reduction in cost of crop production and increase in income.
- Quality of organic product in international market competition.
Method Of Organic Farming
Use of green manure: In organic farming, farmers use dead plants as green manure. These plants are used as fertilizer to make the soil fertile to increase soil fertility and nutrients.
Use of mixed manure: In this process, the farmer digs a pit, mix green waste and water decay, then prepare the manure for later uses this rich manure and nutrients as fertilizer in the fields to increase soil fertility.
Management of Weeds: Organic farming is used to clear wild plants from the soil during crop production. Weeds are unwanted plants that grow alongside crops in agricultural areas and they destroy most of the nutrients present in the soil, as a result crop production is affected.
Soil Management: Soil management is very important for organic farming. It is a well-known fact that once the crop is fertile, the soil of the farm loses most of its nutrients and reduces its fertility. The process of recharging the soil with all the necessary nutrients is called soil management.
Crop Diversity: Crop diversity is one of the most important methods of organic farming and for this two practice such as monoculture and polyculture is done.
Advantage Of Organic Farming
- Organic farming helps prevent environmental degradation and can be used to regenerate underdeveloped areas.
- Organic manures produce optimum conditions for high yield in the soil and good quality of crops.
- Organic farming reduces the need for purchase inputs.
- Organic farming Improves soil chemical properties such as soil nutrients Promoting supply and retention and favorable chemical reactions.
- Organically grown plants are more resistant to disease and pests and therefore only require some chemical spray or other protective treatment.
If we focus a long-term perspective, organic farming becomes necessary to sustain our life on Earth. Organic farming is necessary to fertile the land in a natural way and to produce healthy food. Although farmers are affected by low crop yields, organic farming becomes necessary for future generations to lead life naturally while maintaining ecological and environmental balance and make green revolution in India. In the present scenario, we find that due to excessive use of chemical fertilizers, the soil of our agricultural land has been destroyed day by day. However, organic farming can be helpful in the fertile earth with all the natural nutrients and providing a healthy life to the human population.
Leave a Comment