There is a number of career options after passing class 12th. One has to select the wings as per his/her interest. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the List of PG Diploma Courses in Canada. There are some required criteria that are mandatory to have to apply for admission in the Diploma Courses in Canada. Let’s see the complete details about the eligibility criteria and complete admission process in the Diploma courses in Canada
Canada is famous for job opportunities and people find it easy to get a better job in Canada as compared to the other countries. Well, It can be a myth but then there is a number of diploma courses that one can pursue to make a career in the selective fields. The Diploma courses are basically a shorter version of the bachelor’s degree course and one gets the job right after the completion of the course. Let’s start with the List of PG Diploma Courses in Canada and other details about the course, Career Scope and job opportunities etc.
Visit us- How to Study Abroad After 12th
Table of Content
PG Diploma Courses in Canada:
Post-graduation diploma course (PGD/PG Diploma) is very popular these days for Indian as well as international students who wish to pursue post-graduation diploma courses in Canada. Many students choose post-graduation Diploma courses due to low investment and less duration of education. Post-graduation Diploma is a 1-2 year program that offers students to gain specialization in the desired field. A Post-graduation diploma in Canada offers students to get internships while studying with numerous job offers.
Canada has opened immigration visa options for students to get visas easily for education in Canada. Apart from masters, Post-graduation Diploma courses are becoming very popular and due to its low investment and easy process, a lot of students is attracted to this and wants to study in Canada.
List of PG Diploma Courses in Canada:
Here is the list of PG Diploma courses that are quite famous in Canada and pursue by most of the candidates. The course can be more but these are the some best and career-oriented courses that are offered in Canada.
- Tourism experience management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Tourism
- Tourism Destination Development
- Adventure Studies
- Managing Festivals and Events
- Resort Experience Management
- Computer System Technology – Networking
- Energy Systems Engineering Technology
- Biotechnology advanced track
- Financial management
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology: Automation and Robotics
- Global business management
- Strategic management- accounting
- Clinical Behavioral Sciences
- Business Administration
- Financial management
- Marketing management
- Media convergence
- Data analytics
- Human resource management
Well, Now let’s see the complete details about the required eligibility for Admission in the course and after we will see the admission process in the PG Diploma Courses in Canada.
Required Eligibility Criteria:
A Post-graduation Diploma course in Canada does not require complex requirements to fulfil. The colleges in Canada have their own eligibility criteria but in general, we have mentioned some general criteria which a student must fulfil in order to get admission to one of those colleges. The eligibility criteria for Post Graduation diploma course in Canada is mentioned below:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in the field similar to Post graduation Diploma course.
- The student must have an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 65% from any recognized college.
- Few specialized diploma courses require 1 or 2 years of work experience.
- The candidate will have to provide language proficiency test scores of IELTS/TOEFL or PTE along with SOP (statement of purpose) and LORs (letter of recommendation.
- Scores of IELTS and TOEFL: IELTS: 6.5 and TOEFL: 550 (pBT), 213 (cBT) and 88 (iBT) etc
Admission process in PG Diploma Course in Canada:
Admission for Post Graduation Diploma in Canada is very easy. You will be getting applications to get admission to the Post Graduation Diploma course by the end of January month. The documents required for a postgraduate Diploma course in Canada are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Transcripts of previous education
- Study permit
- Statement of purpose for Post-graduation Diploma courses in Canada
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of finances.
Student Visa for Canada:
Well, You may have an idea that one requires to have Visa to study or to live in any country. To get the study permit in Canada, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicant must be enrolled in a specific educational institute (DLI).
- Applicant must have proof that you have finance for tuition fees, living expenses, and transportation expenses.
- The applicant must not have any criminal history, should be a law-abiding citizen and must not break the security laws of Canada.
- The medical certificate is required to be submitted to get admission.
- Applicants need to prove to the immigration officer that they will leave Canada after completion of their authorized duration to stay there.
- Documents required for admission: Proof of acceptance, proof of identity, proof of financial support, letter of explanation, SOP and student visa.
The process keeps on changing year by year. You must try to get the latest information regarding the visa and other details but the overall process would be the same. let’s see the details about the career scope and job opportunities in the field.
Top Colleges for PG Diploma Courses in Canada:
Here is the list of some best colleges for admission in Canada. A candidate is free to choose any college as per his/her interest. The names have been shared just to help the students we do not promote any college here.
|College||Average Fees (CAD/year)|
|George Brown College||4,900|
|The Sheridan College||19,000|
|St. Stephens College||10,000|
|North Island College||16,000|
|St. Lawrence College||8,543|
Job After Post-Graduation Diploma Course in Canada
After completion of the post-graduation diploma course, it will not be difficult to get a job in Canada. The education provided in Canada not only prepares you for the job but also prepares you to work worldwide. According to your subject, you can get a job in a related sector and earn good money. Salary offered to fresher’s after Post Graduation Diploma course ranges between 25,000 to 50,000 CAD (INR 15 lakhs to 29.8 lakhs). After gaining experience of 2-3 years, you can apply for PR and settle there. And if you wish to move back to your country, there are various good job opportunities for foreign graduate students.
- Graphic Designer
- Marketing Specialist
- HR Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Accounts Assistant
- QA Technician
- Project Manager (IT)
- Programmer Analyse etc
The Diploma course is known for being career-oriented and has vast options as well. It is easier for one to get a job after the completion of the Diploma courses. All you need is to join the reputed college or institute for admission. The reputed once conducts the placement drive after the completion of the course which becomes very easy for one to get placed through. The Diploma Courses are all about knowledge and experience, Join the better college and get proper education and knowledge about the field and be able to earn better.
FAQs For PG Diploma Courses in Canada
There is a number of courses that one can opt for but computer and information technology is recently trending course which has good career scope. But, it is always better to choose the career where your interest and passion lies.
Well, it all depends on criteria that keeps on changing but to get Permanent residence, you need a work limit and maybe with experience, you become eligible to apply for PR of Canada.
Yes, One needs to be at least 18 years to apply for a students visa but if you are a minor you will have to take permission. But generally, students visa is only offered to candidates who are 18 years old or more.