CID’s full name is the Criminal Investigation Department, C.I.D. Officers act as the Detective Agency for the Government of India. The CID was founded by the British Government in the year 1906. In the year 1920, CID was divided into Special Branch and Crime Branch, and this work was also done during the British era. CID officers investigate cases like murder cases, serious assault cases, robberies, fraud, and any sexual offenses, etc. The CID officer’s job is to catch the culprit and collect evidence and finally present it in court. At present CID has become a very important service to the country. So let’s go ahead and know about Career in CID Officer After 12th.
How To Become CID Officer?
CID is called Crime Investigation Department in Hindi. CID is the criminal investigation department of the state police of India which investigates any crime very seriously. The CID department usually works in intelligence and its members do not wear any special uniforms and remain in normal clothes so that no one can identify them and it can investigate and arrest the crime.
CID is one of the most important departments of the Police Organization. Officers working in this department are known as CID Officers. CID Officers investigate special category cases and cases entrusted by the Government and Director General of Police (DGP). The post of the head of this department is Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) and is assisted by Inspector General of Police (IGP).
Education Qualification For Becoming CID Officer
A candidate must have different qualifications to become a CID officer. Such as educational qualification, physical qualification, mental qualification, and most importantly, he should be a citizen of India. To become a CID officer, a candidate must possess the following qualifications as per his educational qualification.
1. The candidate must be a citizen of India to become a CID officer
2. Both men and women can apply for this post to become a CID officer.
3. To become a CID officer, a candidate must have passed at least 12th standard.
4. After that, according to the educational qualification, the candidate should have passed graduation. He/she can apply for the UPSC exam on the above post in the CID department.
5. To become a CID officer, candidates are required to have graduation or post-graduation from any recognized university.
Mental Qualification To Become A CID Officer
1. To become a CID officer, the mental qualification of the candidate must be very good.
2. Reasoning ability should be good.
3. Candidate must have a good ability to handle any situation.
4. Candidate should have good fearing.
5. It is necessary to be patient.
6. There should be a good ability to make decisions consciously about any situation.
7. There should also be the ability to carry your organization and able to work with a team.
Age Limit For Becoming A CID Officer
To become a CID officer, the age limit of the candidate should be between 20 years to 27 years. In this, age relaxation has been provided to some reserved categories like –
3 years (20 years to 30 years) for OBC categories
5 years for SC / ST category (20 years to 32 years)
Attempt For CID Officer Exam
You get few chances for CID officer exam like –
1. General category people get 4 chances in this
2. OBC category people get 7 chances in this
3. No limit for SC / ST category
Physical Criteria For Becoming A CID Officer
To become a CID officer, you should be under physical criteria like
1. The height of men should be – 165 cm.
2. For women should be -150 cm to become a CID officer.
3. The chest should be – 76 cm, inflated.
CID OFFICER SELECTION PROCESS
1. Preliminary Examination
After applying, this is the first test of the candidate in which all the candidates can participate, this exam is of 200 marks and it takes 2 hours. Only the successful candidates in this examination are sent to the next stage.
2. Main Examination
Only those candidates who have been declared successful in the preliminary examination can participate in this examination, this examination is of 400 marks. The candidate is given 4 hours for this examination.
Candidates who have been declared successful in preliminary examination and main examination have to undergo this and final stage interview, these are of 100 marks.
CID Written Examination Topic (Subject)
- English language
- General awareness
- Common Sense
- Social work
- General ability
- Statistical ability
- Logical ability etc.
I hope that you have liked the information given by me, how to make a Career in CID Officer After 12th. If you have asked any questions related to Career in CID officer after 12th, and then you can comment in the box, I will answer your question. Please share it on social media too. So that other people can also get this important information about CID.
FAQs Join CID Officer
Crime Investigation Department.
If any Candidate qualify CID officer Exam and get a job candidate salary package also various depending upon the post. Candidate after some time gain an experience or responsibilities than increase your salary but candidate starting salary 35000 to 50000 per month.
If you want to join CID officer you must have minimum qualification.
1. Candidate must be complete any stream in class 12th and graduation any recognized university.
2. Candidate must have Indian Citizen.
3. Male or Female both are candidate eligible.
4. Minimum age 20 Year and maximum age 27 year.
5. ST/ SC category student 5 year and 3-year relaxation OBC category students.