There are many ways to join Indian Navy. One has an option to join the service as an Engineer, Officer, Sailor or as a technician, etc. Here in this blog, we will talk about the complete details of the INET Exam 2021. INET exam is conducted by the Indian Navy itself to select the officers and engineers. We will get to know the complete selection process, Required Eligibility Criteria, availability of vacancy and How to apply online, etc. Check out the complete blog below to get all the details regarding the Indian Navy Entrance Test 2021.
INET Exam 2021:
INET Exam is held twice a year (February and June)and conducted by the Indian Navy itself. The last vacancy has been released in the month of December 2019. But due to the ongoing Pandemic, it could not be held. All the candidates who have applied for the INET 2019 Exam will now appear for the Written Examination in the month of February 2020. Here are some important dates regarding the exam:
- Application form released in November 2019
- Admit Card Download: 28 January 2021
- Written Exam Date: 20 February 2021
- Written Exam Centre: Bangalore, Kolkata, Bhopal, Coimbatore, and Vishakhapatnam, etc.
- INET 2021 result date: 30 March 2021
After this exam, the next vacancy will be available in the month of June 2021. But, there is no official announcement has been made regarding the June 2021 Notification. The Selection Process and the syllabus of the Written Exam will be completely the same as it was earlier. Here is the complete selection process for INET 2021.
INET 2021 Selection Process:
In order to be qualified for the selection, one will need to clear three phases of selection that is consists of:
- Written Examination
- SSB Interview
- Medical Test etc
The Written Exam will be conducted in the following cities: Bangalore, Kolkata, Bhopal, Coimbatore, and Vishakhapatnam, etc. All the candidates who would clear the Written Examination will proceed for the SSB Interview and then Medical Exam at the Military Hospitals.
Selection is based on the SSB Interview. It is the toughest phase of selection. The shortlisting of the candidates for the SSB Interview is done through the Written Examination. Now let’s see the eligibility criteria to apply online and later we will see the syllabus and Exam Pattern of the INET 2021 Exam.
Eligibility Criteria for INET 2021:
Only Indian Citizens are allowed to apply for the INET (Indian Navy Entrance Test) Examination. Here are the following criteria for INET 2021:
- Only Male candidates are eligible to apply for INET.
- Candidate must have done graduation in B.tech (Bachelor of Technology) or BE (Bachelor of Engineering) from any government recognized Institute or University.
- Candidate must have scored at least 60% in the graduation degree.
- Age of the candidate must not be less than 18 years old and it should not be more than 23 years old on the date of commencement of the course.
- There is no relaxation has been given to any candidate regarding their Caste, Community or Religion, etc.
- Height- At least 157cm. There is some relaxation in height for the candidates who belong to the Hilly area. To get exact details about the relaxation, Check the official website of the Indian Navy because it keeps on changing.
- Candidate must be physically fit.
- Candidate’s body must be free from diseases.
This the complete required eligibility that is mandatory to have to apply for the INET Vacancy 2021. Now let’s see the syllabus of the INET 2021 Written Exam that one has to prepare.
INET 2021 Exam Syllabus:
For the Written Examination, One will need to prepare four subjects and each subject will be for 100 marks and the total number of questions would be 100. 25 questions from each subject. Each question would be carrying 4 marks and 1 mark would be deducted for each wrong attempt. Let’s see the subjects that one has to prepare:
- Logical Reasoning & Numerical Ability
- Mathematical Aptitude
- General Knowledge
- Usage of words
- Sentence Completion and Corrections
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Parts of Speech
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Idioms and Phrases
- Active and Passive Voice etc.
Logical Reasoning & Numerical Ability
- Reasoning and Associative Ability
- Coding and Decoding
- Missing Numbers and Series Completion
- Decimal Fraction
- Ratios and Proportion
- Average and Volume
- Time and Work
- Speed and Distance
- Market Price
- Cash Price
- Expenditure Problems
- Profit and Loss
- Percentage, Factoring (LCM and HCF)
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Mensuration Formulas etc.
General Science & Mathematical Aptitude
- Nature of Matter
- Electricity and its Applications
- Force and Gravitation
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Metals and Non-Metals
- Sound and Wave Motion
- Atomic Structure
- Chemistry – Carbon and its Compounds
- Periodic Table, Acids
- Bases & Salts
- Nutrition and Health Physiology
- Human Diseases
- Basic Computer Science Arithmetic Ability
- Number Systems, Algebra
- Basic Trigonometry
- Probability and Set Theory.
- History of India
- Geography- Climate / Environment
- Civics – Constitution of India
- Books and Authors
- Defense and Wars
- Important National Facts
- Freedom Movement
- Geographical Neighbors
- Sports and Championships etc
The Written Exam is not easy. There are many books available Online and Offline that can help you in covering the entire syllabus and give you a better preparation as well. Choose the right study material and then start your preparation.
How to Prepare for INET Written Exam:
The preparation can be easily done at home if you are aware of the competitive examination. If you are new to the competitive exams, You must join the Coaching Institute in your city and learn the basic techniques and tips to solve the question in less time and also how to manage time in exams, etc. However you prepare, remember these common points:
- Choose the right study material.
- Make Proper study Routine.
- Always make short notes while studying.
- Take Short Breaks while studying.
- Do not study over.
- Give equal time to each subject.
- Once you are done with your syllabus. Start solving previous year question papers, Sample Paper, Model Papers, etc.
- Manage your time properly so that you could attend maximum questions in the exam.
- Prepare better and do your best in the examination.
How to Apply for INET 2021 Exam:
Application forms are accepted online only. One will need to visit the official website of the Indian Navy and follow the step by step procedure below:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the INET 2021 Notification.
- If you are applying for the first time. Do Registration.
- After the registration, Login to your account and click on the application form.
- Fill the form, You will need to have some scanned documents like a High school mark sheet, Aadhaar Card, Your sign and Passport size photograph, etc
- After this all, Click on the submit button and submit your form.
- You may need to pay Application form fees of 215/- for General Candidates and it is completely free for OBC and SC/ST candidates. You can pay via UPI ID, Debit Card or Credit card, etc.
Download INET 2021 Admit Card:
In order to download the INET 2021 Admit card. You will need to have your Login ID and Password that you made while applying online. You can also download the admit by your name and Date of Birth etc.
Check the official website and click on the Admit Card Notification. Mention your details and press enter, you will get your to admit card on your screen. Take a printout of admit card. Carry your admit card to the examination center with any valid ID proof like Aadhaar Card or Driving License, Pan Card, etc.
FAQs For INET Exam
As per the recent announcement, The Exam will be held on 20 February 2020. All the candidates who have applied for the Written Exam can download the Admit Card from the official website from 28 January 2021 & onwards.
There is no official announcement has been made regarding the INET June 2021. As per some new sources, Notification may be released in the month of May 2021.
For the INET Entry, A candidate must not be less than 18 years old and should not be more than 23 years old. There is no relaxation has been given to any candidates regarding their, Caste, Community or Religion, etc.