The profession of a teacher is very respectful in India as well as in other countries. There are many vacancies released by the Government of India for the teachers in the primary schools as well as in the senior secondary schools. Here in this article, I am sharing all the details about the TET Examination which is a mandatory examination to clear in order to become a government teacher in India. To get complete details about the UPTET Exam 2021, Notification, Syllabus, Eligibility, Exam Pattern and dates, etc. check out the blog below to get complete information.
TET Stands for Teacher Eligibility Test. This Exam is conducted by the Government of India. It is a mandatory exam to clear to become a teacher in India. Each state has its own TET Examination. here is the list of the TET Exams of each state in India that is conducted for the selection of the teachers.
- Rajasthan TET
- Odisha TET
- AP TET
- Punjab TET
- TN TET
- Bihar TET
- Assam TET
- HP TET
- Kerala TET
- Tripura TET
- Mizoram TET
Let’s see the complete details about the UPTET Examination 2021. The UPTET stands for Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test. Here will see the details of its syllabus, Exam Date, and required eligibility criteria that are required to apply for this vacancy.
What is UPTET Examination?
This is the examination that is conducted by the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the conducting authority is UPBEB (Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board) for the selection of the teachers into the Primary Schools as well as in the Upper Primary Schools etc. Now let’s see the eligibility criteria is required to apply for this exam and after we will its exam pattern and syllabus etc.
Eligibility Criteria for UPTET:
In order to apply for the vacancy, A candidate must be graduate in any discipline from any government-recognized college or Institute, or University. There are no minimum marks criteria but a candidate must have gained sufficient marks. In case of citizenship, A candidate must be India, A candidate who belongs to Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet, etc He/she must have a migration certificate from the government. The age limit would as follow:
- The age of the candidate must between 18 to 35 years old for General Candidates.
- For OBC (Other Backwards Class): There is a relaxation of 3 years in age.
- For SC/ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes): There is a relaxation of 5 years in Age.
In order to get the complete details about the relaxation criteria. You must visit the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) www.updeled.gov.in because the relaxation criteria keep on changing every year.
Exam Pattern of UPTET 2021:
There are two papers in the Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test. The Exam Pattern of both the papers is a bit different in Nature. here is The paper pattern of Paper one and paper two etc. The First paper is only for the candidates who want to become a teacher of class 1st to 5th (Primary Schools). In order to become a teacher of class 6th to 8th (Upper Primary or Secondary Schools), One will need to appear for the Second Paper. A candidate has an option to appear for both the paper.
First Paper Pattern of UPTET:
|Subjects||No. of Questions ion Each Subjects||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|English/Urdu/Sanskrit ( Language-2)||30||30|
Second Paper Pattern of UPTET:
|Subjects||No. of Questions from each subject||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Hindi (Language-1) Compulsory||30||30|
|English/Urdu/Sanskrit ( Language-2) Compulsory||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher) OR Social Studies (for Social Science and Social Studies teacher) ORBoth for teacher of any other subject||60||60|
This is the complete exam pattern of the UP-TET 2021 Examination. Both the paper would have objective-type questions with multiple choice answers. A candidate will be given one mark for each correct answer. There is no negative marking in the Examination and also no marks will be deducted for un-attempt questions.
UPTET Exam Syllabus:
The Syllabus of the Paper first and the paper second is pretty much similar. A candidate will have to prepare the following subjects. Here I have shared the list of subjects and the topics that one has to prepare for the examination. To get the details of Subjects of Paper one and paper two, Check the exam pattern above.
- Child Development and Pedagogy.
- Environmental Science etc
- Concept of growth and development
- Principles and dimensions of development
- Factors affection development and its relationship with learning.
- Role of Heredity
- Concept of learning and its processes.
- Factors of Affection learning.
- Theories of learning and its implication.
- How Children learn and think.
- Motivation and Implications for Learning.
- Understanding diverse learners:
- Individual Differences
Hindi and English:
- Language comprehension
- Works of poets and writers
- Alphabets (vowels, consonants)
- Sentence formation
- Spotting error/sentence correction
- Idioms and phrases
- Difference between all the sounds like resonant and lunar points
- Usage of punctuations
- Noun, pronoun, verb and pronoun
- Phrase, gender and time
- Number system
- Shapes and geometry
- Data handling
- Measurements and units
- Unitary rule
- Profit & loss
- Simple & compound interest
- Area & volume
- Family and friends
- Food and nutrition
- Things we make and do
- Plants and animals
- Traffic and communication
- Sports and sportsmanship
- Food & material
- Classification of plants and animals
- The structure and function of animals
- From cell to organ
- Natural phenomenon and resources
- The world of the living
- Pedagogy of Science
- Animal nutrition
- Carbon and its compounds
- Mine and metal
Social Science or others:
- Environmental Studies
- Home Science
- Physical Education and Sports
- Horticulture and Fruit Conservation
UPTET Notification and Exam Date 2021:
There is no announcement has been made on the official website regarding the UPTET Notification 2021 but it is expected to be released soon. All the candidates will have to do the registration on the official website to apply for the vacancy. Here are steps you follow to register yourself:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on registration and register yourself as a new user.
- YOu will need to have a valid Email ID and Mobile number for the registration.
- After the registration, Note down the System Generated Registration number.
- Login to your account using that ID and Password that you got through the registration.
- Click on the UPTET 2021 Notification.
- Fill the application form.
A General candidate will need to pay the application fee of 600/- and an OBC and SC/ST candidate will need to pay the amount of 400/-. Payment can be done using Net Banking or through Debit Card or Credit card etc.
FAQs For UPTET Exam Details
There are 150 questions in the UPTET Examination. The Number of questions are same in both papers.
No, A candidate will get 1 mark for each correct answer but no marks will be deducted for wrong attempts or for un-attempt questions.
No, Hindi is mandatory to chosen as first language. You have option to choose your second language English.
All the Questions will be asked in Objective Type with multiple choice answers. There is no subjective question in the examination.