There are many career options available that one can pursue after passing class 12th. If you have an interest in computers, You can opt for BCA which stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. Under this course, You will get brief and detailed knowledge about the Computer and its applications. Well, here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about What to do after BCA. We will get to know about the career options that are available after this, Salary and about the specialization courses in BCA related stream or field etc.
A career can be better in any field. One just needs to have proper knowledge about this. Let’s get to know the details about the BCA Course, Eligibility Criteria etc and after that, we will see What to do after BCA.
Table of Content
Details about BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application):
BCA, the full form is Bachelor of Computer Application is a three-year undergraduate degree program in the field of Computer application, software development and information technology. Admission is offered by lots of colleges through both entrance and merit list methods followed by interviews. BCA course is available in both online or distance learning and regular modes.
For those who develop a large interest in the field of computer science and wants to do something in this field then BCA is the right option you can choose to start your career. The IT industry is very large and increasing rapidly, there is great demand for IT professionals all over the world. A very large number of jobs are offered to BCA graduates in both the public and private sectors.
Eligibility Criteria Required to Pursue BCA:
The candidate must follow the eligibility criteria in order to get admission to BCA. Here’s the list of criteria given below:-
- The candidate must have scored aggregate 50% marks in 10+2 from any recognised board.
- The candidate must have Computer Science as optional or core in 10+2.
- Candidates of any stream (Science, Commerce, or Arts) can apply for BCA.
- The minimum age must be 17 years to apply for BCA.
- Admission varies from college to college, some college offers admission through merit list followed by interview while some colleges conduct entrance exam.
BCA Entrance Exams:
IPU CET: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is a university level entrance exam that is conducted once a year for admission in IP and IP affiliated colleges.
BUMAT: Bharti Vidyapeeth undergraduate management aptitude test is a national level entrance exam for admission in BCA which is conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth deemed university once a year.
SUAT: Sharda University Aptitude Test is an entrance exam conducted once a year by Sharda university for admission in and other programs.
AIMA UGAT: Undergraduate Aptitude Test is an entrance exam that is conducted once a year for admission in BCA and other programs related to computer application.
GSAT: This entrance test is conducted by GITAM University. This entrance exam offers admission to three campuses Vishakhapatnam, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad.
SRMHCAT: SRM university of Haryana common aptitude test is an entrance exam conducted once a year by SRM University for admission in BCA and other programs.
Bachelor of Computer Application Course Syllabus:
The Syllabus of the course may vary as per the College, Institute or University. But, It will be the same in all manner, Some colleges may have some extra subjects while some may not.
|Syllabus Semester 1
|Syllabus Semester 2
|Case Tools Lab
|Basic Discrete Mathematics
|Statistics I For BCA
|Digital Computer Fundamentals
|Introduction To Programming Using C
|Data Structures Lab
|C Programming Lab
|Visual Programming Lab
|PC Software Lab
|Syllabus Semester 3
|Syllabus Semester 4
|Programming In Java
|Database Management Systems
|Java Programming Lab
|Object-Oriented Programming Using C++
|DBMS Project Lab
|Web Technology Lab
|Syllabus Semester 5
|Syllabus Semester 6
|Design And Analysis Of Algorithms
|OOAD Using UML
|User Interface Design
|Graphics And Animation
|Introduction To Soft Computing
|Graphics And Animation Lab
|Advanced Database Management System
|Python Programming Lab
|Web Designing Project
|Business Intelligence Lab
What to do in BCA Course Specialization:
BCA provides specialisation in the following fields given below:-
- IT Technologies
- Internet Technologies
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Computer Graphics
- Internet Technologies
- Music and Video Processing
- Programming Languages (C++, JAVA or more)
- Database Management System (DBMS)
- Network Systems
- Systems Analysis
- Accounting application
- Personal information management
- Word processing
Career Opportunities after BCA:
There are various degree or diploma courses you can pursue after the completion of BCA. There are many other courses that one can opt for to add more value to the resume. Or can also start a job in any reputed company. Here are some suggestions related to this:
- MCA (Masters in Computer Application).
- You can prepare for CAT and thereafter you can pursue MBA in IT management.
- You can pursue MSC from IT.
- Networking diploma and you can prepare for CCNP and CCNA certification.
- Digital marketing.
- Prepare for government exams (SSC CGL, BHEL, bank exams, UPSE, railway exams)
- PGDM, PGDCA, PGDBA, PGCM
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, data security etc.
Salary Offered After BCA:
Salary offered to BCA graduates depending upon the job profiles. It depends on the type of company you are working in, Location of your company, Overall budget of your company and what type you are doing etc. The various job profiles with average salaries are given below:-
- Software tester – 2 to 4.5 Lakh per annum
- System administration – 3 to 5 lakhs per annum
- Junior programmer – 2.5 to 4.5 lakhs per annum
- Web developer – 3 to 5 Lakhs per annum
- Web designer – 2.5 to 5 lakhs per annum
- Software developer – 3 to 8 lakhs per annum
- System engineer – 4 to 8 lakhs per annum
- System analyst – 3 to 6 lakhs per annum
- Database Administrator – 3 to 8 lakhs per annum
- Business Analyst – 3 to 6 lakhs per annum.
There are plenty of jobs offered to BCA graduates because of its high demand. It sector is increasing very fast and the demand for IT professionals is very high because in this era everything is computerised and computers and mobies are used in almost every corner of the world. A lot of E-commerce websites requires BCA graduates for their website and after the completion of the course, you can work in MNCs and various It sectors. Jobs are offered in the public sector (banks, railways, and defence) and the private sector also. Those who want to study further and gain more knowledge can pursue MCA after Bachelor of Computer Application