The Indian air force has many vacancies to join the service as an Officer or Engineer or Airmen etc. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the AFCAT (Air force common admission test). This is an Air force vacancy through which one is selected to be an officer in the service. Recently the AFCAT 2 2021 Notification has been released. Check the blog below to get detailed information.
The AFCAT 2 2021 NotificationVacancy is released for the selection of the Candidates for the officer’s post. This exam is conducted by the Indian Air force itself. The Selection process is going to be tough. All the candidates who are interested, check the complete article to get details like Eligibility criteria, Selection Criteria, How to apply, Syllabus of Written Exam, Exam Pattern, and Interview procedure, etc.
AFCAT 2 2021 Notification Vacancy details:
The AFCAT vacancies are releases by the Indian Airforce Itself. You may be aware of this. Under AFCAT 2 2021 Notification vacancy, there are around 96 seats available in the AFCAT this year. In this entry, one can join the Flying branch, ground Duty technical Branch, ground Duty Non-technical Branch, and Metereology branch, etc. Here are the important dates related to AFCAT 1 2021.
|Notification Date||1 June 2021|
|Online Application Date||1 June 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||30 June 2021|
|Admit Card Date||August 2021|
|Exam date||28 Aug 21, 29 Aug 21, and 30 Aug 21|
|Result date declaration||September 2021|
These are some important dates related to the AFCAT 2021 vacancy. In order to apply Online for the vacancy. You need to visit the official website of AFCAT (Air force common admission test). I have shared the complete details about How to Apply Online in the below paragraphs. Now let’s see the required eligibility criteria which is mandatory to have to apply for the vacancy and after this, we will see the complete selection procedure.
AFCAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
In order to apply for the AFCAT 2021 Vacancy. Here are the following criteria that are required to have to apply for the vacancy:
- For Flying Branch: A candidate must have done graduation from any government-recognized Institute/ College or University with a minimum of 60% marks.
- A candidate must have passed class 12th with physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with 50% marks.
- For Ground Duty Technical: B.E or B.tech candidates who have passed with 60% marks and 60% marks in class 12th as well. They are also eligible to apply for this.
- For Ground Duty Non- Technical: One must have done graduation in Accounts, Logistic, Administration, and some other courses and have scored 60% marks are eligible to apply for this.
- The age of the candidate for the flying branch must be between 20 years old to 24 years old.
- The age of the candidate for the Ground Duty branch must be between 20 years old to 26 years old.
- If a candidate has a valid Commercial Pilot License, He/she can get 2 years relaxation in age for Flying Branch.
- There is no relaxation has been given to any candidate on the basis of their caste, community, or religion. It will be the completely same for all.
AFCAT 2 2021 Selection Process:
Most of the defense vacancies have a similar selection procedure. It is mandatory to clear the SSB Interview which is five days long and one of the hardest Interviews at the graduation level. Here is the complete selection phase of AFCAT Entry that one need to clear:
- AFCAT Written Examination
- AFCAT AFSB Interview
- AFCAT Medical Test etc
Right after the application form. One will appear for the AFCAT Written Exam and after clearing this, they will proceed for the Air force selection Board Interview commonly known as AFSB Interview or SSB Interview. This Interview is the toughest phase or step to clear in the AFCAT. One will need to prepare really well. There are many defense coaching classes that train the candidates for the AFSB Interview.
The AFSB Interview is five days long and each day you will appear for different types of tests, Activities, etc. It is very important to understand the complete procedure of this Interview. You can join the SSB training center to get proper education and training for this. After the AFSB Interview, All the Selection Candidates will proceed for the Medical Examination which would be conducted by the Military Doctors at the Military Hospitals.
Type of Commission:
Through this Entry of AFCAT, One can get Short Service Commission s well as a Permanent Commission in the service. The Permanent commission is only for male candidates. The female candidates are only allowed for Short Service Commission While the Men’s are allowed for both. Permanent commission as well as Short Service Commission. The Short Service Commission is basically a duty period of 6 to 10 years while the permanent commission one is free to work till retirement. That means till the 60 years of age.
Syllabus of AFCAT Written Exam:
For the Written Examination, One will need to prepare the four subjects. There are many books available in the market as well online that can give you complete preparation for this. Here are the following subjects that one has to prepare for AFCAT Examination.
- Basic Science
- Current Affairs
Verbal Ability in English
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Testing of Vocabulary
- Decimal Fraction
- Profit & loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple Interest
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
- Verbal Skills
- Spatial Ability
Marking Scheme of AFCAT 2021:
The Marking Scheme of the AFCAT written Examination is simple. One will be awarded 3 marks for each correct answer and there is also negative marking. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. But no marks will be deducted for unattempted questions. The Exam Pattern of AFCAT is simple. You just need to prepare well for the examination. Now let’s see the complete process to apply for this online.
How to apply for AFCAT 2 2021:
In order to apply for this One will need to visit the official website of the AFCAT (Air force common admission test). For the further process, Follow the Instruction as given below:
- If you are new to this, You will need to register yourself as a “New User”
- YOu can register yourself by using your email ID or Mobile No.
- After the registration, You will get a User ID and Password by which you can log in to your account.
- Click on the AFCAT 2021 Notification and fill the application form.
- You will need to submit some documents like Highschool mark sheet, Intermediate Marksheets, Graduation degree (if have), Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, etc.
- You must have all the documents in scanned form.
- After the form, you will need to pay some amount as procession fees or form fees.
All the candidates who are applying for the first time and do not have any idea about this. They must go to the cyber cafe to apply online. A minor mistake in the application form can be the reason for a form rejection.
In order to prepare for the AFCAT Written Examination. Choose the right study material. There are many famous defense Institutes that you can join to get better prepared for the examination. Choose the right study Material, Solve the maximum practice question papers and manage your time properly while preparing for this examination. Around lakhs of students appeared for AFCAT every year but only a few get selected.
FAQS For AFCAT 2 2021 Notification
Online Applications are only accepted for AFCAT 1 2021. You will need to apply online through the official website.
The AFCAT 1 2021 Examination would be conducted online.
100 questions are there in AFCAT Written Exam.