The Biotechnology course is a combination of Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics, etc. This is the field of science that focuses on the genetic Manipulating of the living system. All the products that are developed or modified by the Biotechnologists in the clinical Industry, agriculture, etc. The biotechnology courses is a career-oriented course and also a demanding career option.
Eligibility Criteria for Biotechnology Courses
In order to pursue Biotechnology courses in India after 12th. It is mandatory to have Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) in class 12th. There is no other requirement that has been marked to pursue this course.
There is also no set age barrier. Right after passing class 12th, One becomes eligible to apply for this course.
Now let’s see the Admission Process in the Biotechnology Course and after that, we will see the types of courses, number of courses and their durations, etc that are available after the 12th.
Admission Process in Biotechnology Course
The Admission in the Biotechnology Courses is done through the Entrance Examinations. There are many entrance examinations conducted by the Institute, State Level Exams, National Level Exams, etc.
In order to get the top recruited colleges like IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology), one will need to appear for the JEE Mains Entrance exam.
There are also some private colleges that offer admission Biotechnology courses in India after 12th on the basis of Interview or marks scored in the class 12th board etc. Well, It all depends on the Institutes.
Number of Courses in Biotechnology
There are basically four types of courses in this field after 12th that one can opt for:
- Diploma Courses
- Undergraduate Courses
- Post Graduation Courses
- D. Courses
Let‘s see the complete details about each type of course and at last, we will also give our opinion regarding which is best if you are looking for your career in this field.
Diploma Courses in Biotechnology
The Diploma in Biotechnology courses in India after 12th combines with technology and Biology for research and development etc. The diploma course is basically a course where you will teach about the basics and above the basic level of biotechnology and after the completion of the course, you will be awarded the Diploma certificate.
VISIT US- Courses After 12th
With the diploma certificate, It would be easy to get a job in any field related to the biotechnology like Clinical Industry, Agricultural industries, etc.
- The duration of the diploma course is three years.
- All the candidates who have passed class 12th science are eligible to apply for admission.
You might know that there is a number of streams available in the diploma courses also. In Biotechnology, you can opt for:
- Cell Biology
- Antigens and Antibodies
- Biotechnology Medical
- Microbiology of soil
- Lipid Metabolism
- Genetic Mapping
- Biofertilizer and Biopesticide
Degree Courses in Biotechnology
If you want to make your career in this particular field. Experts suggest doing Degree courses, as a degree has more value in the market than any diploma courses. In the degree courses, you will teach everything in details and would have wide knowledge, it will be easier for you to get a better job after the completion of the course.
One can go for B.tech in Biotechnology or B.Sc in Biotechnology etc. Both are the bachelor degree program but has different duration and criteria. Let’s see both courses in detail:
B.Sc in Biotechnology
1. B.Sc in Microbiology or Bioinformatics
2. B.Sc in Genetics and Fermentation
3. B.Sc in Biomolecules
4. B.Sc in Antigens and Antibodies
5. B.Sc in Biotechnology Medical
6. B.Sc in Sterilization
7. B.Sc in Recombination
8. B.Sc in Microbiology of soil
9. B.Sc in Phosphorylation and Genetic Mapping
B.tech in Biotechnology
1. B.tech in Molecular and Cellular Engineering
2. B.tech in Industrial Microbiology
3. B.tech Honors in Biotechnology
4. B.tech in Bioprocess Technology
5. B.tech in Biotechnology
6. B.tech in Biomedical Engineering
Post-Graduate Courses in Biotechnology
All the candidates who complete their undergraduate course, can go for further studies and can pursue the Post Graduate in this particular field. Here is the list of courses that are available for the post-graduation:
M.Sc in Biotechnology
• M.Sc in Microbiology or Bioinformatics
• M.Sc in Genetics and Fermentation
• M.Sc in Biomolecules
• M.Sc in Antigens and Antibodies
• M.Sc in Biotechnology Medical
• M.Sc in Sterilization
• M.Sc in Recombination
• M.Sc in Microbiology of soil
• M.Sc in Phosphorylation and Genetic Mapping
M.tech in Biotechnology
• M.tech in Molecular and Cellular Engineering
• M.tech in Industrial Microbiology
• M.tech Honors in Biotechnology
• M.tech in Bioprocess Technology
• M.tech in Biotechnology
• M.tech in Biomedical Engineering
Ph.D. Courses in Biotechnology
A Ph.D. is one of the highest courses that one can pursue. There are only fewer colleges in India where you can pursue Ph.D. Here is the list of colleges where the Ph.D. in Biotechnology is offered:
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Xaviers College, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Syllabus of Biotechnology Course
In the syllabus of Biotechnology courses in India after 12th, There are many streams in the Biotechnology courses and each stream’s syllabus is different. You must check the syllabus of your selected stream. It will not be possible to share each stream’s syllabus here. Well, For the Entrance Examination of the Biotechnology Courses. One will need to prepare the class 12th Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, etc. There are many books available online and offline that can give you better prepare for the exam.
Top Colleges for Biotechnology in India
There are two courses in the Bachelor Degree Program. B.tech and B.Sc Course. Here are the best colleges for B.tech Course and B.Sc Course.
B.tech Biotechnology College in India
- GGS Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG)
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IITR)
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
- VIT University (VIT)
- PSG College of Technology (PSGTECH)
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (NIT D)
B.Sc Biotechnology College in India
- V.C. College
- Bangalore City College
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Dayanand College
- P. College
- Jodhpur National University
- Dasmesh Girls College of Education
- Khalsa College Amritsar
- Mary’s College For Women
- Kishan Institute Of Information Technology, Meerut
- Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Arts, Science, and Commerce
Career Opportunity in Biotechnology Course
Biotechnology courses in India after 12th. Biotechnology is a growing sector in India. As per the survey, there will be a huge number of job opportunities will be available for the experienced as well as freshers. After the completion of the course. Here are the best-recruiting companies and job profiles etc.
|· Hindustan Antibiotics
· Thapar Group
· Himalaya Drug Company
· Bharat Biotech
· Biocon India Ltd.
· Hindustan Lever Ltd
· SRL Ranbaxy
· Praj Industries
· Panacea Biotech
· Yashraj Biotechnology
|· Research scientist
· Senior Research Associate
· Quality Control Officer
· Bioinformatics Analyst/Programmer
· Manufacturing Supervisor
· Facilities Technician
· Lab Technician
· Bioinformatics Scientist/Engineer
· Quality Control (QC) Technician
· Sales Representative
· Molecular Modeler
· Director of Product/Process Development
· Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
India is a developing country. There will be always the availability of vacancies in almost every field but the competition is too much everywhere. You need to be smart enough to get the opportunity. So, Join the best college and train and educate yourself well.
FAQs For Biotechnology Courses
Well, it is hard to mention any particular course as best. As per the experts, The Biomedical Engineer, Bio Chemist, and medical Scientist would be the best in the upcoming year. You should not go over which is best. Choose the steam as per your passion and interest.
This field is in the developing phase in India. It would have a huge number of job opportunities in the future. This is a field that needs a lot of knowledge and experience. You will have to smart enough to grab the opportunity.
In the field of Biotechnology, every field is rich and pays well to their employee. You just need to be knowledgeable. As per the survey, Multi-Dimensional and pharmaceuticals employees get paid too well.
Biotechnology is an emerging field in India, Food Technology, healthcare, forensic science, Nutrition, and Medicines are some of the streams of Biotechnology that would have a wide and huge number of vacancies in future for the Engineers as well as for Research, etc.