After the Green Revolution, the yields increased but the profit of the small farmer decreased as the prices of chemical fertilizers became expensive every year and the land yields decreased. Chemicals are not used in organic farming. Farmers use organic manure and organic insecticides for farming. A Career in Organic Farming in India also includes animal husbandry, poultry, and dairy farms if farmers do not use any chemicals or hormones.
The demand for organic farming is high in big cities and the prices are also good. Urban people have become very aware of their health for past years and due to this, they are paying special attention to their food and drink. In this environment, entrepreneurial youngster makes their Career in Organic Farming in India. Organic vegetables and fruits are now becoming the first choice of metros and it is a good option for the farmer to increase his income.
ADVANTAGES OF ORGANIC FARMING
- Sustainability in organic agricultural production and higher profits for the farmer. Traditional farming depends on many factors but organic farming works to stabilize the soil and in the long run, it helps the farmer. Organic products are sold expensively in the market across India and demand is increasing.
- The biological properties and fertility of the soil can be enhanced. The farmer can make a better crop using organic manure and organic insecticide. This will also bring more money in the pocket of the farmer.
- Protecting the environment and reducing air and water pollution. Pollution of groundwater with chemical fertilizers and pesticides is a major problem. The use of organic manure and organic pesticides can greatly reduce the risk of contamination of groundwater.
- Chemical pesticides are bad for health. Using them for a long time can cause many types of cancer and diseases. Farmers can also make organic manure and sell it to the farmers around them. This can also be a new business from which farmers can earn money. this one is made Career in Organic Farming in India
- Organic farming does no harm to humans and encourages micro-organisms and flora on the farm, improving soil structure and structure. Yields are lower in organic farming than traditional farming, but earnings are higher because the yield is higher, So that the good Career in Organic Farming in India.
- Agricultural costs work because there is no need to buy expensive fertilizers and insecticides. Organic farming takes more labor than traditional farming. Organic fertilizers and pesticides can be made by farmers on their own farms. The farmer also has to work more in the care of the crop.
ORGANIC MARKET INFORMATION AND PROFIT
The market for organic products is expanding day by day as people are now using organic products more than ever. Organic food keeps humans more healthy, so the farmer gets a very good price for organic products. Big companies such as organic growers, Big Bazaar are now taking long term contracts from farmers and picking up organic produce from the farm itself. Farmers can also sell their organic products in the local market. they make their profits in organic farming and Career in Organic Farming in India.
Organic vegetables and fruits are sold at more than double the price. e.g.,
|Product 1 Kg||Non-Organic||Organic||Different|
|Tomato||28 / –||120 / –||92 /-|
|Potato||18 / –||49 / –||31 /-|
|Eggplant||53 / –||95 / –||42 /-|
|Onion||36 / –||89 / –||53 /-|
|Banana||57 / –||110 / –||53 /-|
|Ladyfinger||25/ –||85 / –||60 /-|
|Apple||185/ –||250 / –||65 /-|
|Papaya||86 / –||150 / –||64 /-|
According to this report, organic farming is being done in an area of
It is noteworthy that in the year 2001-02, seriousness was shown about organic farming in India and organic farming started from 42,000 hectares area. The possibility of organic farming on the 20 lakh hectare area in India by the year 2022 has been reported in various reports.
It is noteworthy that Europe, Japan, and the United States. Organic foods have been made compulsory for children up to five years of age when more cases of cancer in children are reported in countries like America. Until some time ago people in our country were completely dependent on chemical fertilizer. But now in our country too, due to the increasing awareness about health, the demand for products prepared by organic farming is increasing rapidly. Due to this, very bright career prospects have arisen in this field.
ORGANIC FARMING CHALLENGES
According to Saket Kushwaha, Professor of Agriculture Economics, describe that in a country like India where 135 crore people live, organic farming is no less of a challenge, because in such farming there is a great possibility of decreasing production. In such a situation how will the need for food grains are fulfilled, while our holdings are decreasing? The second challenge is whether the market for organic farming will be found in the villages? Is there any arrangement to bring organic products from villages to cities?
In the view of Professor Kushwaha, organic products are two to three times more expensive, so it can be sold only in places where purchase power is good. However, the truth is that the use of organic products will reduce medical expenses. The challenge for the farmer is that from where he will make so much organic manure. The government can do this by encouraging every farmer to do 25 percent of farming in the traditional way. When the farmers start benefiting from this, then they will gradually start increasing such farming. Even today some farmers prepare a product without manure for themselves.
PARAMPARAGAT KRISHI VIKAS YOJANA (PKVY)
The government started a new scheme to increase farmers’ income. Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Narendra Modi) has advised many times to reduce chemical and pesticide use from farmers. This government is continuously emphasizing on promoting organic farming and developing the Career in Organic Farming in India. But most farmers do not have any concrete information about how organic farming will be. Where will I get the certificate for it and what is its market? Where will you get the necessary things for such farming? The answer to these questions will now be found in one place. The government has developed an organic farming portal (https://www.jaivikkheti.in/) for the convenience of farmers, in this, every farmer can take help.
The government has created PKVY (Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana) to promote organic farming. With which you will get 50 thousand rupees per hectare for natural farming. To promote organic farming by the Central Government, the Government has formulated the Traditional Agricultural Development Scheme (PKVY). Under PKVY (paramparagat krishi vikas yojana), the assistance of 50 thousand rupees per hectare is being given for three years.