The Diploma Course has been designed to give detailed knowledge about a particular topic in less time duration. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course. We will get to know the details like required eligibility that one need to have to apply for admission in the course and complete the admission process in the course etc.
There are a number of courses offered by various institutes whose basic aim is to land a job after the completion of the course. Well, as per the experts, pursuing a bachelor’s degree course is always way better than a diploma course if you care about making a career but there are some defined diploma courses which are career-oriented and one can a better career in the field. Let’s see the complete details about the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics and how one can make a career in this field.
Visit us- A Career in Yoga After 12th
What is Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course:
Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course offers a chance for college students to find out the basics of food and nutrition. Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course is useful for college students because it helps them in learning the benefits and advantages of healthy consumption. After completion of the course, students will get varied job roles like Diet Technician, Nutrition Manager, Marketing/ Sales adviser, line of work Manager, Food Service Supervisor, Internal control Manager etc. Students curious about following higher studies in Food and Nutrition will select when finishing Diploma course.
After the completion of the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course, one can select employment when finishing its degree or pursue teaching like Bachelors, Masters in relevant fields. Candidates also can select getting ready varied job-oriented and better studies connected competitive examinations.
- Bachelor’s degree: It’s a full-time program of 3-4 years. The candidates need to qualify for the celebrated national level test, which is able to permit them to induce admission within the schools which supply the course. There is varied scope within the field of Diploma in food and nutrition because the health consciousness among folks and technology is often dynamic.
- Competitive Examinations: varied students most well-liked to travel for competitive examination preparation conducted at the national level and University level for following their higher degrees.
- Research Field: Students having a deep interest in doing analysis in varied health connected areas will select totally different firms to form or develop some artistic movement techniques.
List of Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course:
There are many types of courses available in Nutrition and Dietetics. One has an option to pursue the Diploma Courses or certification courses, Under-graduate courses as well as the post-graduation courses etc. Here are the number of courses that are available in each type of course.
- Diploma in Food Science and Nutrition
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Diploma in Dietetics
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition
- Diploma in Nutrition and Food Technology
Under Graduate Course:
- BSc in Food Science and Nutrition
- BSc in Applied Nutrition
- BSc in Clinical Nutrition
- BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics
- BSc in Dietetics
- BSc in Home Science (Nutrition and Food Science specialization) etc
- Renal Nutrition
- Public Health Nutrition
- Food Science/Technology
- Clinical Nutrition
- Paediatric Nutrition
- Sports Nutrition/Dietetics
- Gerontological Nutrition etc
Required Eligibility Criteria:
In order to pursue the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course one need to have passed class 12th from any government board. There is no requirement for any particular streams. Candidates passed in any stream are eligible to apply for the diploma courses. Some institutes may have also criteria of marks. One must have scored at least 45% marks in class 12th to apply for admission. There is no age limit has been mentioned anywhere for admission. Candidates of all age groups are eligible to apply for admission to the course.
In order to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in the related field. One needs to have done class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology etc. But, there are some institutes in India that do not have these criteria. Now let’s see the admission criteria in the diploma courses.
Admission to the course is usually offered on the basis of the marks scored in class 12th. Some institutes, college or universities also conducts the entrance exam at the institute level and on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance exam, the candidates will be shortlisted for admission.
Some Institutes also offer direct admission to the course without any exam or shortlisting criteria or oral examination etc. Well, It is always better to choose the reputed institutes for the admission. The Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course is all about education and knowledge etc. You need to know every aspect of it to make a better career in the field.
Syllabus of Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course
In the syllabus of Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course. There is basically the number of modules that one will be studying in the course. Here is the complete syllabus:
- Module 1: Introduction to Human Biology and Body Functions.
- Module 2: Nutrients (Role and Significance)
- Module 3: Understanding Nutrition (Basic diets for normal conditions/RDA)
- Module 4: Advanced Nutrition
- Module 5: Introduction to Nutraceuticals
- Module 6: Introduction to Special Conditions and Diet Therapy
- Module 7: Introduction to Clinical Nutrition
- Module 8: Food Microbiology
- Module 9: Recommend Approaches to Disease and Nutrition
- Module 10: Nutritional Biochemistry
- Module 11: Research Method Statistics
- Module 12: Medical Nutrition management
- Module 13: Path Physiology and Metabolism in Disease
- Module 14: Public Nutrition and Health
- Module 15: Pediatric and Geriatric Nutrition
- Module 16: Food Allergies and Diet Management
- Module 17: Case Studies
- Module 18: Laboratory demonstration, practicals, and instrument handling etc
Visit us- Home Science Courses After 12th
Top Colleges for Admission in India:
The Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course is widely offered by the various institutes in India. One is free to choose any college for admission as per their comfort and interest. Here is the list of some best colleges for admission in India. We are not promoting any college here, the names have been just shared to help the students to get a better college and gain the right education.
|Name of the Institutes||Average Annual Fee|
|Government P.G. College||INR 7,683|
|Government Raza Post Graduate College||INR 10,746|
|Imperial College of Professional Studies||INR 50,000|
|Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University||INR 4,350|
|Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University||INR 4,950|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar University||INR 30,000|
|PNG Government PG College||INR 2,500|
Career Scope and Job Opportunities:
The Diploma is basically designed for making a career in the respected field. After the completion of the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course, it won’t be tough for one to get a job in a related field. if one chooses the reputed college for admission, most of the colleges conduct the college placement drive which becomes very easy for one to get placed well after the completion of the course.
Well, health and education is a trending course and most people now think about their health and physical fitness. There is no doubt that one will have lots of opportunities in this field. After the completion of the Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course one can work as the following sectors:
- Private clinics and hospitals
- Private R&D units
- Private Nutrition Education Institutes
- Health Clubs
- Nursing homes
- Food products manufacturing firms
- Pharmaceutical firms
- Fitness Centres
- Sports Centres and Franchises
- Hotels etc
Some Best Job Profiles after Diploma Course:
|Job Profiles||Salary (per annum)|
|Consultant Dietician||Rs. 280,000|
|Food Inspector||Rs. 3,62,884|
|Food Scientist||Rs. 750,000|
There is no limitation in a career in the field. One has also option for gong higher education and become expert in this field. With a master’s degree in the field, one will have better career growth and will earn a handsome amount. Make sure to choose a better college and gain a proper education.
FAQs For Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
The average salary of a Dietician in India is around 2,65,000/- per annum. The Salary can be more or less depending on the type of institution you are working in.
The Fees of the course depends on the institute to institute. On average in all India, the course fees can be somewhere between 1 lakhs to 5 lakhs for the entire course. The Course fees also depend on the type, of course, you are opting for like Diploma, Under-graduate course etc.
After the completion of the course, you can go for a job or can also opt for further studies like a bachelor’s degree or can pursue a specialization course in any of the particular streams in the related field.