After Engineering, the Medical field is something that is chosen by most of the students who have passing class 12th with Science. These medical courses are known as professional courses and almost all of the courses are job-oriented. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the complete details about the How to become a doctor in India after the 12th. We will get to know the complete required eligibility criteria and the complete process to become a government doctor as well as a private doctor etc. One should check the complete article below to get detailed info about this.
It is not that easy to become a doctor in India. There is huge competition in the field of medicine. There are several exams that the government has marked as mandatory to clear to become a certified doctor. To get knowledge about this field, one can opt for the various courses that are available after 10th, After 12th and after graduation & Post-Graduation etc. Let’s see the complete procedure to become a successful doctor in India after the 12th.
Table of Content
The process to become a Doctor in India after the 12th:
A candidate who has passed class 12th with biology are eligible to pursue the medical courses to become a doctor. There are many courses that one can pursue as per their interest and passion. You may know that there are many types of doctors like Homeopathic doctors, Ayurvedic doctors and Dental doctors etc. First of all, you have to choose that, what kind of doctor, you want to be. The medical courses are widely offered by the various Institutes and universities in India. Here I have made five stages that one has to go through:
- Appear for the National Level or State level Examination (Like NEET).
- Get the college as per your performance in the entrance exam.
- Complete your courses like MBBS, BDS, BUMS or any other course.
- Clear the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
- Get a license.
- Go for MD or MS (If interested).
At the completion of the course, you will be called a doctor. You are free to work in any private hospital or open your own hospital or can also apply to become a government doctor etc. The process is long and one will have to perform consistently well. Now let’s see the required eligibility criteria that is mandatory to have to apply for Admission in the medical courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Medical Courses:
The Criteria is not the same for all colleges but here are the few criteria that are mandatory in any manner to get admission in the Indian Medical Colleges:
- A candidate must have passed class 12th with Biology, Physics & Chemistry etc
- One must have scored at least 50% marks in class 12th board.
- There is a 5% marks relaxation for the reserved categories candidates.
- The age of the candidate should be at least 17 years old to 25 years old.
- There is no relaxation in age has been mentioned anywhere, It will be the same for all.
Admission Process in Medical Courses:
Admission to the medical course either its MBBS, BDS, BUMS or any other course, it will be granted through the entrance examination. Especially for the MBBS and BDS course, the Supreme Court of India has banned the State-Level and Institute level examinations. One will need to appear for the National-Level entrance examination for admission in MBBS or BDS Course. Here are some famous entrance exams for admission in medical courses:
|National-Level Medical Entrance Exams
|Institutional-Level Medical Entrance Exams
List of Medical Courses to Become Doctor in India After 12th:
Here is the list of the courses that one can opt for to admission to become a doctor in India. Well, The MBBS, BDS are the most demanding course in India. These are also best in terms of career growth. One should first try to get admission to the MBBS and BDS courses. Almost every course is better in this field. Choose the course as per your interest and passion.
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Sciences
- BHMS – Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
- BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- DHMS – Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
- BUMS – Bachelor in Unani Medicine
- V.Sc & AH – Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry
- BOT – Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- BNYS – Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
Skills required to become Doctor:
- Ability to work with a team
- Deep interest in being a helping professional
- Good Stamina
- Responsible Attitude
- Patience and Compassion
- Constant updating of skills and knowledge
- Mental alertness at all times etc
Career as a Doctor and Job Opportunities:
The career is extremely better. The doctors are known as a god. They are one who saves the life after God. This profession is highly respected in society. This is a field, where one can get easily a government job. Most of the candidates go for private jobs or open their own hospitals that are why it is easy to get government jobs in this field. After the completion of the MBBS Course, one has an option to work in the following sector and get paid very well.
- Biomedical Companies
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Colleges
- Health Centres
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies etc
After the MBBS, BDS or other professional medical courses, most candidates go for the MD (Master of Medicine) or MS (Master of Surgery) etc. With just an MBBS degree one can work as the following:
- Junior doctors
- Junior Surgeons
- Medical Professor or Lecturer
- Scientist etc
A freshly graduates in this field may get a less salary as compared to the Experienced one. Well, this is very common in every field. On average, A MBBS or BDS intern will get around 20,000/- per month to 35,000/- per month as a fresher. After the completion of the practical training. Either he/she is in the Government or private sector, The Salary won’t be less than 8-10 lakhs per annum. Maximum doctors opt for opening their own hospital. Well, this is more profitable but a risk at the beginning. Well, It is completely up to one, how he/she wants to shape his/her career. A Career as a doctor is best in all manner. During the Corona time, we all understood the importance of the doctor. No doubts, career is awesome and highly respectable in the society. If you want better career, prepare well for the NEET Exam, this exam is the only way to get better college. Prepare well for NEET Exam.
Top Medical Colleges in India:
Here is the list of top colleges for medical professions in India. I am not promoting any college here. All the names that have been shared here are as per their performance and through some news sources and articles etc.
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute, Bangalore
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
- J. Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
So, These were the complete details about the How to become a Doctor in India after the 12th. Hope this was helpful to you and you got the complete details about this.