The Border Security Force is the most demanding career option among the youths of India. There are many by which one can join the Border Security Force. Here is his blog, we will get to see the complete information about all the ways to joining the Border Security Forces. We will get to know the complete selection Process, Age Limit Criteria, and required Eligibility Criteria to apply for the vacancy. One has an Option to join the Border Security Force as a Soldier, Clerk, or as an Officer or as an Assistant Commandant. For each post, the required Eligibility Criteria and the Selection Process are completely different. Check out the article to get complete information about How to join BSF in India.
BSF provides a Wonderful opportunity to the candidates who want to serve the nation with Uniform, Proud, and Valor. As I said above that there are many ways to join Border Security Force in India. Here are the ways by which you can be a part of the service. Here are the following recruiting posts of the Border Security Force:
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub- Inspector
- Sub- Inspector
- Assistant Commandant etc
All the posts that have been given above come under the General Duty Cadre. In order to join the Service as an Officer, You will need to apply for the Assistant Commandant. Let’s see the complete details about the Selection Process and required Eligibility Criteria for each entry.
Read More- How to Join Territorial Army After 12th
Table of Content
How to Join BSF in India:
In order to join the BSF (Border Security Force), One will need to clear the Selection Phase of this. The Selection round of the Border Security Force is consists of Physical Fitness test or Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurements, Written Examination, Medical Examination etc. Now let’s see the Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process of BSF Constable:
BSF Constable Selection Process:
BSF Constables come under the Non- Gazette Officer. They are an important part of the Border Security Forces. They are allotted Duties on the basis of their qualifications and their way to recruitment. Now let’s see the Physical Requirement, Educational Qualification and Selection Process etc. The Selection will be done through the four or five phases of selection: Here are the details about the selection phase that one has to clear to join the service as a BSF Constable:
- Physical Standard Test
- Documents Verification
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Examination
- Medical Examination
- Merit List etc
Physical Standard Test & Documents Verification: After the application form, All the candidates will appear for the Physical Standard Test which is basically a body measurement. All the candidates who would clear the is will proceed for the Documents Verification Round. Your documents will be verified by the Army Personnel like Aadhaar Card, caste Certificate (if have), High School Passing Certificate etc.
Physical Efficiency Test: The Physical Efficiency Test is basically is Test where A candidates will have to appear fo rthe Different types of physical activities like:
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minute
- 3.65 mtr long jump
- 1.2 mtr high jump.
Written Examination and Medical Examination: In the Written Examination, you will be given 100 questions. Each question would be in Objective form with Multiple Choice Answer. After the Written Examination, A candidate will proceed for the Medical Examination.
Merit List: After all the phases, the Merit list will be made on the basis of the marks scored in all the phases of selection. As per the merit, only top candidates will be selected.
BSF Constable Eligibility Criteria:
- To apply for the BSF Constable Vacancy, A Candidate should be at least class 10th passed. There is no relaxation has been given to any candidate in the Educational Qualification.
- No percentage criteria needed for the BSF Constable Vacancy. A candidate just needs to be pass in High School.
- The Height of the candidate must be at least 170cm for male candidates and 157cm for female candidates.
- The chess of Male candidates should be at least 80cm without expansion and with expansion, it should be 85cm.
- There is no chest expansion needed for the female candidates
- The Weight of Both male and female candidates must be as per the Body Mass Index.
- The eyeSight of the candidate must be 6/6 or 6/9 without glasses. The Worse eyesight 6/12 0o 6/9 etc.
- The candidate should not have any medical defects or any Genetical problem like Knock knees, Color Blindness or any physical defects etc.
Read More- How to Join CRPF
Age Limit for BSF Constable:
There are some required eligibility criteria to apply for any armed force vacancy. Here are the complete details about the required age limit for BSF (Border Security Force):
- In order to apply for the vacancy, The age of the candidate must be between 18 years old to 23 years old as per the Aadhaar Card or High School Marksheet.
- There is some relaxation that has been given to the candidates who belong to the OBC (Other Backward Class) or SC/ST (Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes) etc. Check the official notification when the vacancy is released Because the relaxation criteria keep on changing every year.
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Domicile in Jammu and Kashmir: 5 years
- Victims of 1984 riots: 5 years
- Government Servants: 5 years
- The age Limit requirement is the same for the male and female candidates.
The age of the candidates will be verified through the Aadhaar Card and high school Marksheet. Make sure that you have the same Age Written in both documents. A minor Problem during the documents verification can be a good reason to postpone your application.
BSF Officer Selection Process:
The officer’s Selection is tough and one will have to work very hard to get selected as an officer in the service. In order to become an officer in the Border Security Force, one can apply for the Assistant Commandant Posts. Here are the details about the How to join BSF in India Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process. The selection will be done through the four phases of selection.
- Written Examination
- Physical Standard and Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination etc.
- Interview or Personality test
- Merit List etc
The Written Examination is the toughest phase of selection. There are two papers that one has to clear to be eligible to proceed for the next phase of selection. The Physical Fitness test I easy to clear. A person with an average Body can easily clear this. The Interview is also tough to clear. You will need to prepare very well for this. Now let’s see the required eligibility criteria to apply for the vacancy.
Eligibility for BSF Officer:
- Candidate must have passed Graduation in any stream from any government recognized University/ Institute or College etc.
- The age of the candidate must be between 19 years old to 25 years old as per the Aadhaar Card or High School Marksheet.
- There is some relaxation that has been given to the candidates who belong to the OBC (Other Backward Class) or SC/ST (Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes) etc.
- Check the official notification when the vacancy is released Because the relaxation criteria keep on changing every year.
General Duty Cadre Entry:
There are also many entries in the Border Security Force. It is not possible to mention everything out here. There are some entries that require education till class 12th and some required special Technical Educations like Diploma, Certificates etc. Here is the link to the Official website of the Border Security Force http://www.BSF.nic.in You can check the official website to get all the latest updates about the vacancies.
The Selection is not that easy. One will need to prepare very well to get selected. There are many Institutes in India that gives proper training and education for the BSF. You can join the Institute it gets trained well. Well, Most of the candidates clear the selection phase without any coaching. it is all up to you, How you want to start your preparation. Prepare well to achieve your dream, the competition is too much everywhere.
FAQS For How to Join BSF?
The BSF stands for Border Security Force.
The Selection is done in three phases. Physical Fitness Test, Medical Examination and Written Examination etc. There are many posts in the service. The Selection Process may vary but the basic procedure is the same.
The age of the candidate must be at least 17 years old and it should not be more than 23 years. the age will be verified through the Aadhaar card or High School Marksheet etc.