Union Public Service Commission conducts the toughest exams. In order to clear the exams of UPSC, One will need to prepare very well for this. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the Best Book for the preparation of UPSC Indian Polity by Laxmikant. For all the candidates who are preparing for the UPSC Examination, this book can really help in the preparation of the Indian Polity. Check out our blog below to get complete details about this.
Visit us- How to Become An IAS Officer After 12th
Best Book for UPSC Indian Polity by Laxmikant:
You may be aware of the Union Public Service Commission Exam Pattern. There are two written exam papers. Paper 1st is called preliminary and paper 2nd is called Mains. The Paper pattern of both papers is different. 1st Paper preliminary is objective while the paper 2nd mains is completely descriptive. It is mandatory to clear both papers. Candidates who would clear the paper 1 Preliminary will only be qualified to appear for the Mains examination.
The UPSC Preliminary and Mains, Both the papers would have questions from the Indian Polity. There are many books available in the market for the preparation of the Indian Polity. But as per the experts, The Indian Polity by the Laxmikant is the best for the preparation. It is hard to find the latest edition of the book on the market. Usually, You will get the old edition in the market. well, there is no such issue with the old edition but there are some changes that have been made in the latest edition of the book.
There are many websites that suggest the book to buy from the online store. I would always suggest buying the books from the reputed online stores like Amazon, Flipkart etc. My motto is to share with you the links to buy the books from Amazon. All the candidates who are preparing for the UPSC Examination, Here are the links to buy the books from Indian Polity – For Civil Services and Other State Examinations 6th Edition
Buy Indian Polity book by Laxmikant:
This the latest, a 6th edition of the Laxmikant Indian Polity Book. This book is available in Hindi and English etc. There are some websites that have compiled the complete book in pdf form. All the candidates who want to download the complete book in pdf can also do that. Well, the links to buy the book from Amazon is given below:
- Bharat Ki Rajvyavastha – Civil Seva Evam Anya Rajya Parikshao Hetu | 6th Edition (Hindi)
- Combo Set Spectrum Modern India , M Laxmikant Indian Polity Latest Edition Paper Back
UPSC Indian Polity Syllabus:
- Terms in the Preamble
- 42nd Amendment
- Swaran Singh committee
Constitution of India
- Historical Background
- Drafting committee and making scheme of the Constitution
- Influence of other constitutions
- Its salient features
- Union and its Territory (Basic idea about Article 1-4, Federal nature, State reorganization and different Commissions, Recent issues)
- Basic idea about Article 5-11
- PIO, NRI, OCI, and Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- Citizenship Amendment Act of 2016
- Schemes, new policies, and recent changes in voting.
- Basic idea about Article 12-35
- 44th amendment act
- Different types of Writs
- Enforcement and Exceptional cases with regard to FR’s
- Recent issues related to FR
- Article 51A
- Difference between FR and FD
- Significance and Criticism
- Enforcement of FD’s
- Recent issues about FD
- Basic idea about Articles related to Role and functions of the Parliament
- Motions, Sessions, Parliamentary procedure – Zero Hour, Summoning, Prorogation, and Joint sitting.
- Parliamentary proceedings like Adjournment Motion, and Question Hour etc.
- Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha,
- Special powers of Rajya Sabha
- Anti-defection law and 10th schedule
- Parliamentary Privileges
- Bill and law-making procedure
- Budget, funds and it is summary
- Parliamentary Committees
- Basic idea about the judiciary.
- Powers of High Court and Supreme court
- Qualification and appointment
- Removal procedure
- Recent controversy, verdicts, and constitutional provisions.
- Election Commission
- Finance Commission
- National Commission for SCs and ST’s,
- Composition, Powers and Functions, Removal of the Constitutional bodies
- Basic idea about Article 52-73
- Qualification and Election of President and vice-president
- Function and Powers of the president- (Executive, Legislative, Financial, Judicial, Diplomatic, Military and Emergency Powers)
- Prime minister and council of minister
- Resignation and impeachment of the president
- Role and responsibilities of Prime minister, Cabinet ministers, Council of Minister.
- Resignation and Removal of vice president
- Powers and Functions of Council of ministers
- Attorney general
Directive Principles of State Policy
- Article 36-51 and Article 368
- Sources and key features of DPSP
- Classification of DPSP
- Comparison or conflicts between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
- Keshavananda Bharathi, Golaknath Case, Minerva Mills, Maneka Gandhi case.
- Important Amendments- 42nd Amendment, 44th Amendment, and 97th amendment
- National emergency- Article 352
- President’s rule or State emergency- Article 356
- Financial emergency- Article 360
- 44th amendment act
- Effects and implications of emergency
- Role of President in emergency time
- The State of FR, Lok sabha, and Rajya sabha
- Revoking emergency
State Government- State Executive
- Governor- appointment, and special powers.
- Executive, Legislative, Financial, Judicial powers and discretionary powers of the governor
- 7th constitutional amendment
- Chief Minister and the council of ministers
- Power of chief minister
- State legislature compared to the Parliament with regard to powers, composition, and functions.
- Bicameral legislature
- Creation and abolition of the Legislative councils
6th Edition of Indian Polity by Laxmikant:
Now let’s see know something about the 6th Edition Laxmikant Indian Polity. Many changes have been made in the 6th edition of the Laxmikant Indian Polity, Multicoloured layout. There are a total of six chapters in the new edition of the Laxmikant Indian Polity:
- Goods and Services Tax Council
- National Commission for Backward Classes
- National Investigation Agency
- National Disaster Management
- Role of regional parties
- Coalition Government.
The Book by Laxmikant for Indian Polity has covered the entire syllabus in an easy manner. As per the experts, The Laxmikant book of Indian Polity is enough for the preparation. For all the candidates who are preparing for the UPSC Examination, I have shared the links above. You can buy the books from the links above.