Who does not want to be a part of a respected, reputed, and prestigious organization like the Indian Army? It is a dream of every Indian to be a part of this well-esteemed organization that seeks the attention of Indian Youth to serve and sacrifice for the Nation. The idea of brotherhood, national-building, enhancing unity, and empowering the country are some of the critical factors of the Indian Army. The idea to serve the Nation is above all. However, to be a part of this renowned organization, one needs to sublime themselves into the essence of patriotism. One needs to pass in many of the challenging stages to be a part of the JAG Indian Army. Here, in this blog, you can read about the various points associated with JAG Indian Army such as the salary, eligibility criteria, and also the syllabus. Read this blog to know more!
Know About JAG Indian Army
The full-form of JAG is Judge Advocate General‘s Department. It is basically the legal branch of the Indian Army which deals with litigation and disciplinary cases which are associated or related to the Indian Military. It also plays a vital role in ensuring the legal assistance to the Army in matters related to Human Rights. Every year, it is the Indian Army that releases a notification for the candidates who are law graduates and are in between 21 to 27 years.
Visit Us- Buy Best Book on SSB interview
It is basically conducted to select short –services commission for JAG. Basically, JAG Indian Army or Judge Advocate General is a post that is conducted by the major general who is eventually the Judicial and legal chief of the Indian Army. The JAG Officers are directly appointed to the JAG Branch. In order to become an officer of JAG, there is a process of JAG Entry for the aspirant and candidates. It is eligible only for male and female graduates of law. For this there is no written exam, only the shortlisted candidates would directly refer for the SSB Interview.
Eligibility Criteria of the JAG Indian Army
There are certain criteria that one needs to follow
Candidates who are applying must be a citizen of India.
The age of the candidates is limited, and it is in between 21 to 27 years. Also, the candidates must notice that the date of birth that is submitted in the office should be of matriculation or any other equivalent exam. Any other document of date of birth would not be accepted, and the request for it would not be taken in the process.
The candidates must score at least 55% minimum marks LLB Degree. It includes a professional course of three years after graduation or directs five years course after the 10+2 examination. The candidates who have applied must be eligible to register in the Bar Council of India/State. The candidates of state must be from a college or under any University that is recognized or acknowledged boy Bar Council.
Salary of JAG:
The Candidates, who are selected for JAG Entry, would be offered a fixed salary of 15000 per month. The salary is initiated with the assistance of the management Panel. The selected candidates of the JAG Indian Army would also get allowances, benefits, incentives as per the norms of the rule of the organization.
Process of Selection of JAG Indian Army
Check out the method of selection for JAG Indian Army:
- The candidates would be shortlisted by the Recruiting Directorate and the integrated HQ of MoD
- The final decision of selection would be proceeded by DG Recruiting
- The official site would also display the names of the selected candidates
- The candidates who have been shortlisted would directly be referred to face the SSB Interview. The dates and the selection centres would be already mentioned
- The selection process is eventually divided into two slots held in the selected centres
- It would be based on the psychological Aptitude Test
- On the first day, the candidates will face the screening test at the selected centres
- Stage 2 would include psychology, GTO, and personal interview, which would invite only the selected candidates.
There are 05 vacancies for men and 03 women vacancies.
How to apply for JAG Indian Army?
Any Candidate, who wants to be part of the JAG Indian Army, must make sure that they submit the form online. No offline form would be accepted.
- At first, you are required to open the official website – www.joinindianarmy.nic.
- Click on the officer’s entry.
- There, you must apply/login, and then you must seek for registration.
- You must follow the onscreen instructions.
- Click on apply and fill online application.
- Then, seek for office’s selection eligibility.
- Click on Application Form, which would include personal information such as save and continue.
- After saving, move to the summary of the page.
- There, you must click on the submit option.
- Every time you edit the form, make sure you click on the submit button.
- All the candidates must take out two copies of the application, including the roll number.
- You must take out the closure before the closure of the online application on the last day.
- One of the copies of your application must be self-attested
- There must be a photograph attached.
- The candidate must keep one of the forms.
- There is no need to take out any hard-copy to the directorate.
- Candidates who are already serving the prestigious Army must inform their commanding officer and that too in writing, that they appear for this examination.
- The Commander officer must sign the submitted writing.
Check out the notifications:
All the candidates must carry a few important documents, and all of them must be self-attested:
- Print out of the application – 1 copy
- It must be self-attested
- A photograph must be affixed
- Copy of matriculating certificate or any document that must be equivalent to the same
- Copy of the 12th certificate and mark sheets
- Provisional and graduation degree
- Copy of LLB Degree
- Copy of mark sheets of all the semesters
- Registration with Bar Councillor Certificate
- Certificate issues by University
Pay and Allowances
- All the candidates of GCs/LCs would be provided with the stipend of Rs. 21000/-
- The Army also ensures free medical facilities, for providing self-efficiency. These include canteen facilities, Furnished Govt, and accommodation and car and house loans at a subsidized rate.
Physical Standards for JAG Indian Army
The candidates of the JAG Indian Army, have to fulfil certain physical requirements that the candidate has to fulfil. Check out the points here:
Height and Weight requirements:
- Acceptable height and weight or men would be 157.5cms in correlation with weight
- Weight for women candidate would be 152 cms and 42 kg
- For candidates of North-East or Gorkhas, Gharwalis and Assamese, the height relaxation is 5cms
- Candidates of Lakshwadeep, the height would be reduced to 2cms
- For male candidates, the corrected vision would be better eye 6/6
- The worse eye would be 6/18
- The candidates should not have more than 3.51 myopia
- Not more than 3.5D Hypermetropia including the Astigmatism
- For Women, the distant corrected better eye would be 6/6
- Worse would be 6/18
- Myopia should not exceed minus 5.5 including the Astigmatism
- In order to diagnose, any issues associated within the eye, the internal examination would be conducted and so the test would take place with the help of ophthalmoscope
- The binocular vision of the candidate must be good
- The Colour vision standard should be CP-111
- The Candidates must be capable enough to notify the red and green colours
- To improve the visual acuity, many candidates undergo the Radial Keratotomy would be rejected permanently
- In the process to detect PRK/LASIK would be the candidates at SMB would be consulted to the measurement of A-Scan Biometer via Axial Length.
If you too want to be a part of the eminent and renowned JAG Indian Army, you can read this blog to find out various associated points with it. Once you go through the blog, you would able enough to understand the entire points. It is always a matter of pride and prestige to be a part of this honoured and respected organization. The idea to establish peace, prosperity in the country is the ideal way to disseminate the thoughts of patriotism. To be a part of this institution, one needs strength, power, robustness, and stability. One has to pass different competitive exams and face various difficulties in order to be a part of it. But, with passion, hard work, and dedication one can get through it. Read this blog which significantly brings out some of the important factors associated with the JAG Indian Army.
FAQs for JAG Indian Army
Judge Advocate General.
If any candidates become military lawyers candidates need to a minimum of 55% LLB Degree three years course after graduation and after 12th require 5 years course. Aspirants must be associate or registered (BCI) Bar Council of India.
Candidates join JAG Indian Army Judge Advocate General branch. Candidates shortlisted will directly face SSB Interviews. Candidates improve their Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Description Test, Psychological Test, GTO, Personal Interview, etc.