In order to make a career in a technical or non- technical field. There are many options available after the class 10th and class 12th etc. We will here see the List of polytechnic Courses after the 10th and 12th etc. Let’s see the complete details about this like the Admission process, required eligibility criteria to apply for this, course duration and types of training, etc.
What is Polytechnic Course
Polytechnic Courses are basically a technical education about any specific topic or material. The Polytechnic courses focus on more applied aspects of education than theoretical knowledge etc. This is a Diploma course and after the completion of the course, one will get a degree. Most of the polytechnic Courses are job Oriented. There are many colleges that offer Polytechnic courses. One can get admission to Government college as well as in private college etc.
Polytechnic Courses After 12th
All the candidate who has passed class 10th or 12th are eligible to apply for the Polytechnic Diploma courses. There is a huge number of courses that are available after the 12th like Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, IT Engineering, IC Engineering, and EC Engineering, etc. We will see the complete list of the courses in the paragraph below:
Eligibility Criteria for Polytechnic Courses
All the candidates who have passed class 10th with minimum 40% marks from any recognized board like State Board or Central Board etc are eligible to apply for the Polytechnic Courses.
- The minimum qualification requirement is class 10th. But a candidate who has passed 12th, Graduation or Masters, etc. They are also eligible to apply for this course.
- There is no age barrier.
- This is a technical course, It is important to have General Mathematics, Science, and English to apply for the Polytechnic courses.
Admission Process in Polytechnic Courses
Admission in the Polytechnic colleges or courses is done through the examination. There is a polytechnic Examination which is basically an Entrance exam for Polytechnic Courses and most of the colleges take the admission on the basis of the marks scored in this exam. Each state has their own conducting body of the examination. Here is the list of the State’s Polytechnic Examinations:
- Assam Polytechnic Admission Test
- Arunachal Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination
- Diploma-Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination
- Uttar Pradesh JEECUP
- West Bengal JEXPO
- Jammu & Kashmir Polytechnic Entrance Test
- Madhya Pradesh Pre-Polytechnic Test
- Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test
- HP Polytechnic Admission Test
- Chhattisgarh Pre-Polytechnic Test
- Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination
- Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test
In order to get a government college, it is mandatory to appear for this exam. Most of the private colleges also take admission on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examination.
The admission criteria for each college are different. Many colleges, institutes offer direct Admission. But to get government college, It is mandatory to appear for the entrance examinations.
List of Polytechnic Courses After 12th
There is a number of courses offered in the Polytechnic. The eligibility criteria and admission process will be the completely same for all courses.
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Interior Decoration
- Diploma in Fashion Engineering
- Diploma in Ceramic Engineering
- Diploma in Art and Craft
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Diploma in IT Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Genetic Engineering
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering
- Diploma in Plastics Engineering
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Food Processing and Technology
- Diploma in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- Diploma in Power Engineering
- Diploma in Infrastructure Engineering
- Diploma in Production Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgy Engineering
- Diploma in Motorsport Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
Time Duration of Polytechnic Courses after 12th
All the candidates who have passed class 10th with a minimum of 40% marks are eligible to apply for this. The duration of the Polytechnic course can be between 1 year to 3 years, it depends on the type, of course, you are pursuing, etc. None of the polytechnic course is longer than 3 years and none of the course is lesser than 1year. After the completion of the courses, you will be awarded the Diploma certificate.
FAQ For Polytechnic Courses After 12th
It can be said that which particular course is best in this. It all depends on person to person and their passion and aim etc. As per the recent survey, the Electrical Engineering Diploma course in Polytechnic is way better in terms of job opportunities than the other courses. There are also many courses like Aeronautical Engineering diploma, Computer Science and Engineering, etc are considered the best.
Yes, you can take admission in the polytechnic courses after passing your class 12th. You must have at least 40% marks in your class 12th board to apply for polytechnic Entrance examinations or Admission.
There is a number of courses that are best for the higher salary but these courses are tough to pursue. For the higher salary, one can go for Machine Learning, Software development, Data Science and Data Engineering, etc. There is only fewer college that offers these courses and it is also very expensive.
The polytechnic course gives you practical knowledge of the training on the basic level. There is a number of job vacancies available after the polytechnic courses. Almost all the polytechnic courses are Job Oriented and it will be easier to find a job after that. Most of the colleges (especially Government) conducts the placement drive. In short, It will be easier to get a job in the private sector as well as in the Government sector with a Polytechnic certificate.