The Canadian cordial reception has seen new growth in terms of rising career avenues and industries in addition because of the redoubled name and quality of Hotel management courses across Canada. additionally thereto, with the comparatively low value of finding out in Canada and an overplus of short or long-run, industry-inclined degrees to decide on, it becomes one of the highest study abroad destinations to pursue a Hotel management course. during this blog, we’ll concentrate on what it entails finding out a Hotel Management course in Canada, the main courses offered and an inventory of universities.
Table of Content
Hotel Management Courses in Canada:
One of the fastest-growing industries in Canada, the Hospitality business is regularly attracting study-abroad populations across the world. Successively paves manner for employment opportunities when following Hotel management courses in Canada. Valuable certifications, and degrees on glorious business exposures, is what Hotel management universities in Canada are better known for.
Moreover, upon following Hotel management courses in Canada, you’ll earn a base regular payment of 52,416 CAD once a year, and it’s solely applicable to mention that the Hotel management regular payment in Canada is sort of smart at the beginner’s level.
Why Study Hotel Management in Canada?
The Hotel and traveller business in Canada is quickly increasing, generating an overplus of labour prospects for graduates. The statistics that support this claim are as follows:
- According to jobbank.gc.ca, new job vacancies for Hotel managers, assistant Hotel managers, and hospitality/tourism business development managers are expected to be roughly 43,400 from 2019 to 2028, with 42,700 new job seekers, creating it employment market.
- An Assistant Hotel Manager’s pay in Canada ranges from 58,240 CAD (33.5 lac) to 124,800 CAD (71.8 Lac).
- You are offered compensation of 44,964 CAD (25.8 Lac) as a freshly employed Hospitality Manager when finishing a prime course in Canada, minus housing, transportation, and different edges. This wage rises because the variety of years spent on the work grows.
- International business can increase quickly as over one billion folks travel throughout the globe during a single year. International traveller visits are expected to exceed 1.8 billion by 2030, in step with the UNWTO’s semipermanent prediction.
- According to traveller hour Canada, Canada’s projected labour deficit in business services may reach over 240,000 full-time employees by 2030.
Required Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for Hotel Management courses in Canada can chiefly vary as per the programme and university you’ve got chosen. a number of the fundamental eligibility necessities are as follows:
- For a bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management Courses in Canada, the candidate should have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board of education with the minimum marks fixed by the university.
- For master’s degree programmes in Hotel Management, the candidate should have completed a 3-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- You can offer legion English proficiency take a look at like IELTS or TOEFL alongside copies of official transcripts and CV.
- You are going to be needed to submit An SOP alongside your application and for a few programmes, you would possibly additionally have to be compelled to offer LORs in addition to GRE/GMAT scores (if applicable).
Further, it’s additionally necessary to travel through the Canada student Visa IELTS band necessities therefore on avoid any unpunctual hurdles.
Read Also- MBA Colleges in Canada
- Official Transcripts. (School secondary certificates, undergraduate certificate)
- Language test scores
- Statement of Purpose (may be required)
- Letter of Recommendation (can be asked in some colleges)
- A valid passport
- Canadian Student Visa etc.
Read Also- 1 Year MBA in Canada Course
Specializations and Degrees Courses:
Hotel management courses in Canada for international students are ascertained to be in nice demand exactly ways to varied degree programs offered together with UG, and PG, in addition to certificate and Diploma courses. Hotel management courses in Canada after the 12th are offered in numerous specializations:
- Food and beverage management
- International hotel management
- Hotel operations management
- Hospitality and tourism management
Some of the foremost common Hotel management courses in Canada after passing class 12th in any stream are as follows:
- Diploma in Hospitality- Hotel and Restaurants Service Management
- BCom in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Management
- Master of Arts in Tourism Management etc.
Admission Process to Hotel Management Courses in Canada:
The application method for applying to a number of the most effective Hotel management courses in Canada has been mentioned concisely below:
- Choose your course and a university to begin your degree or certification in Hotel Management in Canada.
- Submit the applying type alongside the applying fee.
- Submit all the desired documents together with transcripts, extra necessities like SOP, Resume, LORs, and proof of work expertise, as asked by the actual university.
- You may additionally be asked for an interview method.
- Apply for a scholarship or assistance, if offered at the university.
- Wait for the admission call.
Best Hotel Management Universities and schools in Canada:
Hotel management universities in Canada are better known for providing each domestic addition as international students with innovative, bountied education stuffed with out-of-the-box experiences. we’ve got curated below the list of a few of the most effective Hotel Management courses in Canada:
|Universities||Popular Programs Offered||Duration||Average Tuition Fee for International Students (in CAD)|
|Centennial College||Graduate Certificate in Hotel, Resort and Restaurant Management
Post-secondary program in Hotel Operations Management
|● 1 year (2 semesters)
● 2 years (4 semesters)
|Fanshawe College||Diploma in Food and Beverage Management
Diploma in Hotel and Resort Services Management
Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management
|75-85 weeks||32,000 (total)|
|Royal Roads University||Graduate Certificate in Tourism Management
BA in International Hotel Management
MA in Tourism Management
|8 months-4 years||● MA in Tourism Management- 33,729
● BA in International Hotel Management- 20,000-40,000/ year
● Graduate Certificate in Tourism Management- 936.92/ credit
|University of Guelph||BCom in Hospitality and Tourism Management||4 years||35,796/ year|
|St Clair College||Ontario College Diploma in Hospitality- Hotel and Restaurant
Ontario College Diploma in Tourism- Travel
|2 years||20,000/ year|
|Humber College||Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management
Diploma in Hospitality- Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management
Graduate Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management
|1-2 years (3-8 semesters)||● Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management- 16,214/ 2 semesters
● Graduate Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management- 18,048/ 3 semesters
Read Also- List of PG Diploma Courses in Canada
Average Cost of Studying HM in Canada:
An abundance of Hotel Management courses in Canada after the 12th are offered for college students to decide on from, at the cluding UG, PG, and degree levels. Talking regarding the Hotel management course fees in Canada, the UG degree programs and certification programs stand roughly at 20,000 CAD once a year. On the opposite hand, the PG degree, PG certification and Graduate Certificate programs in Hotel management exist vary of 20,000 CAD to 30,000 CAD once a year. Some courses may go up to 40,000 CAD counting on the university/ program you decide on.
Students ought to allow the price of living in Canada of regarding 900 CAD – 1500 CAD per month in additionally to program fees. This estimate relies on one person’s basic desires, that embrace lodging, groceries, clothing, transit, and different miscellaneous expenses.
Scholarships for Hotel Management Courses in Canada:
The Hotel management courses in Canada fees for international students vary from 20,000 CAD to 40,000 CAD. The prime Hotel management universities in Canada provide international students with varied scholarships, together with loads of university-specific, privately funded and government-funded scholarships. Given below are some scholarships to help with your bachelor’s and master’s Courses.
|Scholarships||Eligibility||Award (in CAD)|
|Canadian Hospitality Foundation, Canadian Government||● 2nd-year students pursuing Hospitality courses in Canada||2,000 x 2|
|OHI College/ University Entrance Scholarship, Ontario Hostelry Institute||● International students pursuing Hospitality in Canada||1000|
|International Entrance Scholarships, Humber College||International Applicants showing high academic performance||2,000|
|International Student Scholarships, Humber College||International Applicants showing high academic performance||2,000 off tuition fees|
|Helen & Roger Lawson Tim Hortons Scholarship||● International 2nd year students
● Enrolled in food and beverage management
● Minimum GPA of 3.0
Career Scope and Job Opportunities:
Best Hotel Management colleges in Canada will positively offer you opportunities to form your dreams wake up. The typical base regular payment for a hosteller in Canada lies at 52,416 CAD per annum.
Moreover, the scope of Hotel Management Courses in Canada is immense, allowing us to cause you to explore some career options upon following certification or PG certification in Hotel Management Courses in Canada:
- Higher education in numerous specializations like social entrepreneurship, property business management, disaster and safety management etc.
- Get utilized at prime Hoteliers and hotel chains (JW Marriott, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts etc)
- Start a business/ venture of your own
- Get utilized at numerous luxury living brands, cruise ships, casinos etc
- Become an instructor within the field of Hotel management.
For an improved understanding of however careers when following Hotel management courses in Canada when graduation appears as if, we’ve got tabulated the highest Hotel management job profiles, with their average salaries:
|Job Profiles||Average Annual Salary (in CAD)|
|Food Service Manager||57,000-113,000|
Hotel management universities in Canada provide distinctive, industrially homeward-bound courses. With glorious education within a variety of degree and certification programs, most prime Hotel management colleges in Canada provide An employability rate of as high as 100%.
The Hotel management regular payment in Canada is also quite appropriate for international students, simply starting their career journeys abroad. Make sure to choose the Best Hotel Management Courses in Canada and gain the right education in every manner. A reputed college will always assist you in every manner to job after the completion of the course.
FAQs For Hotel Management Courses in Canada
The best schools for Hotel management in Canada are the University of Guelph, Fanshawe College and Estuary College etc.
The Average Hotel Management Course in Canada pay for Indian students stands at roughly 30 LPA.
Yes, high universities in Canada for Hotel Management give international students with varied scholarships within the vary of 2,000 CAD to 20,000 CAD once a year.