ISRO ( Indian Space Research Organization). This is a Dream Organisation of many youngsters in India. There are many ways to join the ISRO. One can join the Indian Space Research Organisation after 12th or after graduation. Here in this blog, we will get to know the details of How to Join ISRO after 12th and after Graduation, etc. We will see the Required Eligibility Criteria, Selection process, Salary and Overall Lifestyle of an Employee in the service, etc.
ISRO ( Indian Space research organization ) is a national space agency and the headquarter is in Bengaluru. There are a lot of units or organizations under the Indian space agency. Graduates are normally recruited as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, computer science engineer, etc. It is one of the most successful and largest space agencies in the world. Department of Space ( DOS ) is responsible for managing and controlling the functions of ISRO.
Table of Content
Ways to join ISRO After 12th:
A candidate who has passed class 12th with Science has an option to join the ISRO. Let’s Discuss ways to join the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) after the 12th. One can Join the ISRo after 12th Aerospace Engineer or as Avionics Engineer etc. Here is the educational Qualification required for this.
Non-medical science students can join engineering and will have the opportunity to crack the ICRB ( ISRO centralized recruitment board ) exam and can join the Indian space agency. ISRO ICRD exam provides a chance to get recruited in ISRO for the post of scientist or engineer at the space agency of India. There are two stages for this:
- Written Examination
- Personal Interview
The first one is the National level written exam which is being conducted in offline mode and after clearing the national level written the second stage is the personal interview. After these phases. The All India Merit List will be made on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the Written Exam and Interview etc. A candidate who will clear the Final Cutoff marks will be eligible to join the ISRO. The Cut-off marks depend on many factors like the Difficulty level of the Paper, the Number of students who have appeared for the examination, and a total number of vacancies, etc.
Ways to Join ISRO After Graduation:
A candidate who has done Graduation in Engineering or Technology can apply for ISRO SC Written Exam. The Test conducted time by time for the recruitment of the Scientists and Engineers into the ISRO.
The qualification for this is BE/B tech ( or equivalent ) with a minimum of 60 percent marks or 6.84 CGPA and the maximum age limit for this is 30 years. Final year students can also appear for this exam.
- Students can get admission to ISST ( Institute of Space Science and Technology ) which is located in Thiruvananthapuram for direct recruitment in ISRO. You can get admission in IIST by clearing the JEE advance or mains exam with good marks at least 7.5 CGPA to be eligible for the ISRO but not all students can get recruitment in ISRO, recruitment depends upon the number of vacancies available.
There is no said Age Limit Criteria for the selection. But as per the India Standard Education System. The age of the candidate should be at least 21 years while applying and it should not be more than 42 years old. There is no relaxation has been given to any particular Caste, Community or Religion, etc.
ISRO SC Exam Pattern:
- The written test paper for ISRO will consist of objective types of questions, there will be 80 questions carrying equal marks.
- The time duration for the exam will be 90 minutes i.e 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer i.e 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Type of Vacancies in ISRO:
- Technical Assistant
- Scientific Assistant
- Catering Attendant
- Driver etc
In this, all posts, The Scientists and Engineer’s post are on the top and also most demanding post. Now let’s see the salary of Scientists and Engineers Salary in the Indian Space Research Organisation.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Scientists Salary:
The ISRO scientists get a 56100 – 177500 salary per month in addition to allowances and benefits. One of the benefits of a job in ISRO is job security, you get long time employment and safety of your job and employees are also liable for pension after retirement. There are also many more allowances and other benefits that one gets in the service like:
- Travel Allowances
- Dearness Allowances
- Medical Facilities
- Housing Allowances
- Pension after Retirement
- Government Vehicles for transportation etc.
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) Centers in India :-
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, which is located in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, which is located in Thiruvananthapuram and Bengaluru.
- Physical research laboratory located in Ahmedabad.
- Northeastern space research centre situated in Shillong.
- Space applications centre located in Ahmedabad.
- Semiconductor laboratory located in Chandigarh.
- National atmospheric research laboratory located in Tirupati.
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing ( IIRS ) located in Dehradun.
- Indian Institute of space science and technology located in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Development of educational communication unit located in Ahmedabad.
About Joining ISRO:
There are basically two ways to Join the Indian Space research Organisation. One is after the 12th and one is after graduation. None of the entries is easy. You will be only get recommended for the Selection Phase, Only of your Academics records are excellent, and have scored better marks in Assignments. Written Exam as well the Interview is tough to clear. You must have the skills to present yourself in an easy manner. Try to answer to Question in fewer words. ISRO hires only the best candidates. If you have Aim to join the ISRO, Prepare very well for the exams and Interview.
FAQs For How to Join ISRO
In order to join the ISRO as a Scientist, One can appear for the ISRO SC Written Examination and then Interview or can take admission in the ISST (Institute of Space Science and Technology). ISRO directly selects the candidates from IIST.
A candidate who wants to join the ISRO as a Scientist or Engineer. One must have passed class 12th with Science or must have done graduation in Engineering or Technology. The Age must be less than 42 years old and it should be at least 18 years old while applying.
Yes, if you have done your class 12th Science. You can join the IIST. The ISRO directly Selects the candidates from the Institute of Space Science and Technology. or can also directly appear for the ISRO Written Examination that is conducted time by time.