There are many master’s courses that one opts for career enhancement. Here in this article, we will learn about the M Tech in Agricultural Engineering Course. All the candidates who have done graduate in the field of engineering are eligible to apply for admission to the course. We will get to know the details like what is M Tech in Agricultural Engineering, its Scope and its syllabus and top colleges for admission etc.
|Course Level||Post Graduate Course|
|Full Form||Masters of Technology in Agriculture|
|Examination Type||Semester Examinations|
|Eligibility||Candidate with Bachelor’s degree (B.E./ B.tech) in a similar specialisation from a recognized university with a minimum 60% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Examination|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 – INR 75,000|
|Average Salary||INR 1,50,000 – 3,00,000|
|Job Positions||Breeder, Agronomist, Corporate Sales Manager, Research Scientist etc|
Table of Content
M Tech in Agricultural Engineering Course Details:
Master of Technology or M.Tech in Agriculture Engineering could be a two-year collegian course within the engineering field that caters for the data concerning the technical aspects to spot new engineering ways and policies creating the sphere a lot of profitable and economical. M Tech Agriculture Engineering deals with the speculation, applications and techniques of the Agriculture field so as to reinforce the productivity of explicit crops with novel innovations. Admissions to Mtech Agriculture are finished on the premise of an exam conducted either by the state body or central examination body like GATE, UPTU etc. followed by a counseling procedure by the school or university itself.
What is MTech Agricultural Engineering about?
Here are the details about the M tech Agriculture Engineering is kind of in style today and maybe delineated within the following points:
- M tech Agriculture could be a four-year collegian course within the engineering field that deals with the agriculture-connected aspects as well as the art, technology, business and science of crops.
- Mtech Agriculture caters for the data concerning the technical aspects to spot and optimize solutions for the application, propagation, maintenance, and production of assorted agricultural commodities so as to use them within the agricultural atmosphere.
- Mtech Agriculture is a crucial branch for sweetening land productivity, generating employment within the agriculture sector, enhancing export and providing food security and biological process security to the country’s population.
- Mtech Agriculture conjointly holds importance for entrepreneurs and farmers because it improves their economic conditions in addition.
- Aspirants ought to clear 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with a minimum of 80% marks in the Science Stream.
- Various job positions will be bagged by a farming graduate like stock breeder, agronomist, company sales manager, analysis mortal etc within the agriculture organizations.
Why Study an M Tech Agriculture Engineering course?
Here are the top reasons listed below why one should pursue this course. Listed are a number of the explanations concerning why M Tech in Agricultural Engineering Courses:
- Successful completion of this course will lead an aspirant to employment within the agriculture and farming field in varied private/ public MNCs.
- Agriculture students will bag jobs like stock breeder, agronomist, company sales manager, analysis mortal etc. when finishing their M Tech in Agriculture.
- The agriculture field could be a blooming field in India today and thus the demand for agriculture specialists is increasing day after day.
- Candidates interested in learning about plant and crop science in conjunction with its technological growth exhaustive ought to pick Mtech Agriculture.
- Mtech Agriculture graduates will earn a handsome quantity of INR 1,50,000 to INR 3,00,000 each year.
- There are teaching opportunities like a Master in Business, MPhil, and PhD within the same specialisation when finishing its M Tech Agricultural Engineering Courses.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process to the Course:
Eligibility Criteria: In order to get admission to the course, A candidate must have passed graduation in a related field like BE or B.Tech etc. One must have scored at least 60% marks in the overall degree.
Admission Process: Admission to the M Tech in Agricultural Courses is done through the entrance exam like GATE. In order to get a better college for admission, it is mandatory to clear the GATE exam.
Some colleges also conduct their own entrance exam at the University Level and offer admission on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examination.
Visit us- Agriculture Courses After 12th
Syllabus of the Course:
The Total Duration of the Course is 2 years. Colleges have divided these 2 years into four semesters. Here is the syllabus for each semester that one will be studying in the M Tech Agricultural Engineering.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Food Chemistry and Microbiology||Process Instrumentation and Control|
|Nursery Technology||Food Engineering –I|
|Principles of Analytical Chemistry||Refrigeration Engineering|
|Applied Mathematics||Crop Physiology|
|Fundamentals of Information Technology||Agricultural Microbiology|
|Fundamentals of Agricultural Meteorology||Principles of Agricultural Economics|
|English for Effective Communication||Engineering Properties of Biological Materials|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Biomass Utilization and Renewable Energy Management||Livestock and Aquaculture Food Products Processing|
|Commercial Production of Spices and Plantation Crops||Fundamentals of Soil Science|
|Fundamentals of Entomology||Industrial visit I (Fruit, Vegetable and Floriculture Industry)|
|Food Preservation Technology||Principles of Biotechnology|
|Principles of Seed Production and Quality control in agricultural crops||Seed production technology for agricultural crops|
|Livestock and Poultry Production Management||Fundamentals of Agribusiness Management|
|Farm Power and Machinery||Applied Statistics|
The Syllabus of the M Tech Agricultural Engineering may be a bit different per the colleges but the overall topics are almost the same. Now let’s see the list of top colleges for admission to the course in India.
Top Colleges in India:
Here is the list of top colleges in India that offers the M Tech Agricultural Engineering Courses. The names of the colleges have been shared just to help the candidates, we are not promoting any college here.
|College Name||City/ Location||Admission Procedure|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu||Entrance Examination|
|Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi||New Delhi||Entrance Examination|
|BA College of Agriculture, Anand||Anand, Gujarat||Entrance Examination|
|Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth||Pune, Maharashtra||Entrance Examination|
|Agricultural College and Research institute||Madurai||Entrance Examination|
|Sam Higginbottom Institute Of Agriculture Technology and Sciences||Allahabad||Entrance Examination|
|College of horticulture, Kerala Agricultural University||Kerala||Entrance Examination|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University||Pune||Entrance Examination|
How to get Admission to the M.Tech Agricultural Engineering Course?
Below are some points that ought to be thought about for obtaining admission to an exceedingly smart Mtech Agriculture college: –
- Prepare well for the doorway examination for evaluation well within the examination and for reserving a seat in an exceedingly purported MTech Agriculture faculty.
- Practice for the word and interview spherical with fluency in language and content.
- The faculties ought to be designated as per the preference. recognize all the requisites of the required faculty to require admission in that explicit faculty.
- Keep your work expertise handy for evaluation of smart marks among the collected exam and counseling spherical.
- Keep track of the registration dates and counseling dates to not miss any vital details.
How to Prepare for M Tech Agriculture Engineering Entrance Examinations?
All the doorway examinations that are being thought-about for admissions in M tech Agricultural Engineering are similar and follow an objective analysis based mostly upon the fundamental arithmetic, and agriculture field queries. Below listed are some tips which will be thought-about helpful for cracking the doorway examination:-
- Know your capabilities and choose yourself as per the examination pattern followed for Mtech Agriculture.
- Keep a robust hold on arithmetic and material in conjunction with some basic chemistry experience.
- Keep active multiple selection queries for higher understanding.
- Research well concerning the course program and divide the course of study properly to own a scientific study.
- Have a robust command of the language for counseling sessions and interviews.
- It is actually helpful to unravel varied mock and former year question papers so as to reinforce your pace and time management skills.
These are the complete details about the M tech Agricultural Engineering Course. Always choose a better college for admission and gain the right education and more practical knowledge in the related field. It is easy to make a better career in the field after the completion of the course.
Visit us- Horticulture Courses in India
FAQs For M Tech in Agricultural Engineering
A basic fee structure can be somewhere between 15,000/- to 30,000/- or even more or less depending upon the college.
Horticulture covers all the technical aspects of flowers, fruits, vegetables and plants, but agriculture teaches the technical aspects concerning crops, cereals and different Agri products.
Agriculture is an intensive field with basic field work needed. It needs basic data on all the agricultural commodities, their species and technical aspects of constant. However, it’s not tough for someone with a biology background.