There are tons of career options available for one that can be chosen to make a career in any particular field. The Mass communication courses have a wide list and tons of different courses. If you have a plan to become a journalist or content creator or want to become a public speaker etc. the Mass communication course can be very helpful for you. Here in this article, we will get to know about the mass communication courses after 12th in India that one has the option to choose and make a career in this field.
In this article, we will get to see the types list of the courses available, the required eligibility criteria for admission, the admission process to the courses, what is the scope of these courses and job opportunities after the completion of the course etc. to get detailed information about this. Check the complete article below:
Mass Communication Courses after the 12th:
Mass Communication courses agitate the tactic of dispersing very important info to an outsized variety of individuals. it’s not simply restricted to Journalism but conjointly includes alternative media fields like Newsgathering and reportage, Film Direction/Production, Event Management, packaging, Advertising, Corporate/Business Communication so on.
To be eligible for Mass Communication Courses after 12th, students have to be compelled to pass Class 12th with a 55% combination score. The conditions could vary reckoning on the courses, some higher-level PG and PhD mass communication courses conjointly need a graduation degree in mass communication. Here is the list of complete Mass Communication Courses after class 12th:
|Executive Programme in Digital Transformation||1 Year|
|Certificate Course in Anchoring||3 Months|
|Post Graduate Certificate in Marketing and Brand Management||6 Months|
|Certificate in Advertising, Public Relations||6 Months|
|Certificate in Radio Jockey||1 Month|
|Diploma in Documentary Filmmaking||3 Months|
|PGDM in Media and Communication||2 Years|
|PGD in Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year|
|B.Sc. in Hotel and Hospitality Management (Resort and Event Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Years|
|B.Des. in Visual Communication||4 Years|
|PGD in Mass Communication and Media Laws||1 Year|
|M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication||2 Years|
|M.A. in Public Relations||2 Years|
|PhD in Media Studies||3 Years|
|PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Years|
This is the complete list of the Mass Communication Courses. Now let’s see the details about the required eligibility criteria that one needs to have to apply for admission to the course.
Required Eligibility Criteria for the Admission:
Candidates can pursue any of the preceding Mass Communication courses when with success finishing after 12th from a recognized board of education.
- Certificate and Diploma Courses in Mass Communication are often pursued when completing 10+2 Schooling in any stream solely with a minimum of securing 55% Marks in total.
- Advanced level Certificate, PG Diplomas and Masters Courses are often pursued solely when completion of Graduation in any stream. suggests that anyone will pursue the aforesaid UG/PG/PGD courses in Mass Communication with no restriction of the stream.
- PhD in Mass Communication mandates a Masters’s Degree in any stream with an honest score. Desired Candidates who command identical Degrees/Diplomas, Advanced level Certificates are eligible for the aforesaid course in Mass Communication and Journalism.
Visit us- Trending Courses after 12th
|Communication Skill||Research, Analysis Skill||Time Management Skill|
|Interpersonal Skill||Management Skill||Presentation Skill|
|Collaboration Skill||Good IT Skill||Digital Literacy|
Admission Process of the Mass Communication Courses:
There are various methods for admission to Mass Communication Courses. Here is detailed information about the admission process to the mass communication courses.
- Basically, no Entrance exams are conducted in Certification, Diploma or online Courses of Mass Communication. 1st come back 1st Serve technique is to be followed by the bulk of the giving Institutes/Colleges across the country.
- For Admission into UG, PG. PGD and PhD Courses in Mass Communication one will undergo the official website of the faculty or create a field visit of the University/College to grasp their teaching vogue, faculty, campus, question resolution and alternative traditions followed by several University/Colleges of the country.
- After deciding on the faculty, one should endure Entrance Exams, to be conducted at each State and National Level. like UGC internet, CAT, CMAT, LPU NEST, MICAT, etc.
- On the idea of Entrance Exams faculties and Universities Prepares an advantage List.
- However, whereas making ready the advantage List, the score obtained by Students in the Previous examination is additionally taken into thought by the faculty before creating the ultimate seat allotment.
- Some relaxation is conjointly provided to Reserved class students, in each for admission and for cut-offs.
- PhD in Mass Communication is done through common PhD Entrance Exams like UGC internet. when that a candidate should have to be compelled to endure many rounds of non-public Interviews and conferences take a look at as prescribed within the Terms and conditions of several Universities, College booklet, and Websites.
You may be wondering to see the best colleges for mass communication courses that can be chosen to get the best possible education in India. Here is a list of some best colleges.
Top Colleges for Mass Communication in India:
Here is the list of some best colleges along with the fee structure, the ranks from first to last have been decided as per the annual performances of the colleges or as suggested in the news articles.
|College Name||Average Fees|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology||INR 1,00,000|
|Chandigarh University||INR 50,000|
|Amity University||INR 5,00,000|
|Parul University||INR 1,00,000|
|Auro University||INR 3,00,000|
|Prestige Institute of Management and Research||INR 2,50,000|
|Christ University||INR 1,00,000|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 4,00,000|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||INR 80,000|
|Pearl Academy||INR 10,00,000|
|Oriental University||INR 1,00,000|
|Woxsen University||INR 8,00,000|
|Madras Christian College||INR 15,000|
|Welingkar Institute of Management||INR 4,00,000|
|New Delhi YMCA||INR 1,10,000|
|Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies||INR 20,000|
The name of the colleges has been given just to help the students, we are not promoting any colleges here. A candidate is free to choose any college as per their interest and comfort.
Career Scope and Job Opportunities:
One will pursue Certificate Courses who are crazy to create their career in Journalism and mass communication Courses after finishing their schooling as there are several Certificate courses offered within the field. After following a similar one will create their career as Radio Jockeys, Fashion artists, Critics and editorialists.
Apart from that a lot of Diploma, UG and PG courses are offered to refine and reshape the relevant skills and data of one. It conjointly helps to lend some sensible job opportunities within the field of packaging, News Broadcaster, advisor, Web Editor, film producer, Journalist, Freelancer and newsperson.
A diploma in Commerce offers several opportunities to start out your career in Event – edifice – cordial reception Management, tailoring, Journalism, Media Communication and Media Law. As these are short-term courses one will simply be admitted into it with no showing for entrance exams. Here are some popular jobs after the Mass Communication Courses:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Public Relation Officer||INR 3.6-5 LPA|
|Radio Jockey||INR 2.4-4 LPA|
|Reporters||INR 3-5.5 LPA|
|Journalists||INR 2.8-6 LPA|
|Critic||INR 2.5-4 LPA|
|Fashion Photographer||INR 3-6 LPA|
PhD in Mass Communication and Media Studies, courses are pursued to search out higher job opportunities, experience data of the aforesaid field or extend your pay scale as you pursue specialised teaching in the relevant material. So, This was all about the Mass Communication Courses. Hope you got the complete information about this.
Read Also- Humanities Courses After 12th
Frequently Asked Questions
Under the bachelor of Mass Communication, One will be studying the following subjects related to the Media, Management etc:
Introduction to Journalism
Writing For Media
Socio-Economic and Political Scenario
Basics of Design and Multimedia
Photography, Media and Society.
As per the recent college ranking, Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication ranked First Followed by the Department of Media Studies – Christ University in the second position and Lady Shri Ram College for Women ranked third in the list.
After completion of the course, one has the option to work as Journalist, Reporters, Fashion Photographer, News Broadcaster, Film Director, Radio Jockey, Editor, Public Relation Officer, Critic, Columnist, Media Consultant, Web Editor, Freelancer, Advertising Sales Agent, etc
Leave a Comment