Most schools and institutes prefer teachers with proper degrees. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find such positions in India, which is rapidly developing. Most coaching institutes prefer teachers with proper degrees. It is possible to become a teacher in this field if you have a B.com degree or other relevant subjects. A Nursery Teacher Training diploma is a good option if you are interested in working in child education.
NTT is a one-year diploma program for nursery teacher training. This course is not eligible for students from higher-secondary institutions. This course is designed to prepare students for pre-nursery and nursery education. This course will teach you about child education, communication, teaching methods, and teaching nursery-level subjects.
Table of Content
Information about the Nursery Teacher Training Course
|Nursery teacher training
|After the 12th Pass
This course teaches skills such as how to communicate with students, how to teach, and other important topics. This course is open to all, as it has lower eligibility requirements. There is little competition, so it’s easier to be a top choice if you have a diploma from NTT.
If you’re wondering what the course syllabus will look like, what the scope and what the fees will be, this guide will help answer all your questions. These are the most important details you need to know and how to learn them.
Eligibility to Receive Nursery Teacher Training
After you have decided that you want to take a Nursery Teacher Training course and earn a diploma, it is important to meet the minimum requirements. For eligibility for Nursery Teacher Training, the well-known institutions that offer it require you to complete the following studies:
- Candidates must have at least 50% aggregates in 10+2. If you have completed the 10th standard, there are many other skills and institutions that can be used to enroll in this degree.
- SC/ST students are eligible for a 5% relaxation, but they must also have 10+2 with a minimum 45% aggregates.
- Higher-secondary education is required for government-run institutions. There is an entrance exam. These institutions focus on 10+2 grades and have a cut-off score.
- Students from SC/ST are eligible for a reservation quota in the entrance exam. They get reserved but limited seats. There might be a variation in the number of reserved seats from one institute to another.
- All the candidates are selected for the final interview to determine if they are eligible. The interview focuses on general knowledge and 10+2 studies.
- Private institutes are more open to applicants with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
These are minimum eligibility criteria and may vary from institution to institution. You should have a good command of communication and general knowledge if you wish to be selected. The key to passing the entrance exam is confidence.
Course Length and Fees
The one-year diploma course in nursery teacher training is for those who have completed the program. The final examination is at the end. Private institutes however use a semester system. There are two semesters that take place throughout the year. Both of these tests your knowledge and skills in the subject areas you have studied. The nursery teacher training program does not have a master’s degree. However, this course will make you a well-known candidate.
This course fee will vary depending on the institution. The fees for a government-run institution range from 5,000 to 15,000 INR per annum. If you pass the entrance exam at a private institution, your fees will range from 10,000 to 40,000 INR annually. This course fee is also calculated on aggregates. If you get merit in 10+2, then fees are reduced by the institutes.
What skills can you learn from the Nursery Teacher Training Course
The Nursery Teacher Training Course aims to improve communication skills among candidates. It is important to have patience, as this profession involves dealing with children. Other skills that are required include –
- Positive energy and enthusiasm – It is important to present yourself to children every day with positive energy, enthusiasm and a positive outlook in order to foster a positive mood. This skill sounds familiar. However, it can be difficult to learn bookish knowledge. There will be personality development that helps you harness more energy.
- A friendly attitude is important – As people age, so does the way they talk to others. Children feel less comfortable when they see the same attitude in front of them. This course will teach you how to communicate with students. Friendly attitudes are key to teaching children and interacting with them.
- Communication skills are essential – The primary reason NTT is becoming compulsory for nursery teachers is because of a lack of communication. It is important to learn how to communicate and it is a key part of personality development. If you have the right style, interaction is possible.
- Passion for teaching is a sign of enthusiasm. If you don’t like your job, it can make you less interested in the job and dull. The diploma teaches you two skills: “How to love your profession” as well as “how do I get better”.
- A keen eye for detail – This is the ability to see into the body’s posture and fine detail in it. This is what you will learn about an eye for detail.
- Nursery standards students who are patient and funny can be frustrating to work with. You will discover the difficulties as you teach. Patience is an essential skill in these difficult situations.
These skills are not easy to master, but this diploma course will help you do it. Experience is the best way to improve your skills. This course does not offer an internship program. However, a few private institutions do offer a few days of internships at school to increase the confidence of their students.
Visit us- Diploma in Physical Education
Syllabus for the Nursery Teacher Training Course
It is all about communication skills and simplicity. There are also a few other important subjects that will help you improve your knowledge. These subjects include:
- Psychology for children
- Methodology for Teaching
- Health and child care
- Philosophy and history of pre-primary education
- The basics of pre-primary education
- Organization of nursery schools, community, Child Health and Nutrition
- Practical of Viva – Voce
- Practical Arts and Crafts
These are the eight subjects you will learn in your Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) program. The subjects covered in this course will vary depending on which institute you choose. To improve communication in specific regions, there are additional language subjects offered by some states.
Which colleges offer the most popular Nursery Teacher Training Courses?
India is a developing nation, and its situation is changing over the last few years. Teachers need an NTT degree to get started in this field. Although there are only a few institutes in India that offer NTT degrees, some of the most well-known names include –
- Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow’s location, is one of the most well-known names for NTT Uttar Pradesh.
- Bhavan’s nursery teachers training college can be found in Kochi, Kerala. It has a unique name and is highly regarded by candidates across the country.
- New Delhi’s Florence Academy of Fashion Design and Language is a well-known college. This institute offers modern learning and teaching methods.
- The All India Institute of Public and Physical Health Sciences is a well-known Self-Government Autonomous Institute. It is located in Alipur, Delhi.
- The Delhi Institute of Early Childhood Care and Education is a well-known institution for NTT and other courses. The institute is located in New Delhi.
- The Kasthuribai Gandhi Nursery Teachers Training College is located in Namakkal Tamil Nadu.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Training Institute, Uttar Pradesh is one of the oldest NTT Institutes in Ghaziabad.
- New Delhi is home to the Mahatma Gandhi College of Education South Delhi Campus.
- Marthoma Nursery Teacher Training Institute is located in Kerala and is a great option in the south.
These are some of the most renowned institutes in India. These institutes are known for offering excellent packages and better placement. These institutes will increase your chances of being placed in better jobs.
Every year, the scope of candidates for NTT fluctuates. The Covid-19 pandemic has shifted the scope of NTT, increasing the need for teachers. E-teaching is available to candidates who have excellent scores and an NTT degree. Online teaching is possible, which means that you will earn a higher salary and have more opportunities to make a career out of it. This course is a great option because of its scope.
Most schools and institutes consider experience when hiring teachers. Candidates with two years of experience and an NTT degree are more likely to be hired. In the beginning, a teacher with this degree can expect to earn between 1.5 lakh and 2 lakh. While the salary package will vary depending on the job, 1.5 lakh is the minimum you can expect from a respected institution.