Child Labor In India
In India, children have been considered as ‘God’ since ancient time. But in the present scenario is quite different from this thinking. The future of children is becoming bleak. Poor children are laboring at the age of school going age. In this area, initiatives have been taken by the state and central government last few years and the result commendable. Many schemes have been started with them for the upliftment of children, so that the positive impact on the lives and education of children should be seen. The right to education is also a commendable work in this direction. Despite this, the problem of child labor, skill a challenging problem.
Right To Education Act (RTE)
Under the right to education act, there are right of child for free and compulsory education. This act was passed by parliament of India and in action on 4th August 2009, which describes the modalities of the importance of free and compulsory education for children between 6 to 14 years in India. The child education act comes under the Article 21(a) of the Indian Constitution. The work on child labor by the Indian government, India become one of 135 countries to make education as a fundamental right of every child when the act came into force on 1st April 2010.
Causes of child labor
- Due to poverty, poor parents send their children to work in the house, and shops.
- The shop and small traders also make children work as much as older people, but pay half the price or very low wages to them because they are children.
- Maximum children are not very clever, so there is no opportunity for more theft and thugs.
- Some traders ruin the lives of children, even in the greed of minimizing the cost of production in trade. On this they got more profit in their business.
- Children work hard without any greed. This cause is becoming more catalysis for the child labor.
Solution of child labor
- First of all government makes strong and stringent laws to be enacted against child labor, so that no one is afraid of getting child labor done.
- Affordable, quality and employable education system is the responsibility of the welfare state. They should provide such quality employment – oriented education for every child.
- Poor parents should also pay full attention to their children’s education because today the government is also providing facilities like free education (class 1st to 12th class), food (midday meal) and medicines (district hospital) in some school.
- On the moral values of people in factories and shops will be preventing the child labor.
- The Legal service department should formulate action plans in collaboration with local police, keep an eye on industries like Bidi, Match, Cracker, Hotel and Restaurant save children those involved in begging and drug addiction will take legal against them are freed.
Child helpline number “1098” for child labor
Many strict rules have been followed by the government to defeat child labor in India. With strict rules, the government has sought help from the public for severe punishment of the participants involved in ‘BALSHRAM’. The government has created a separate helpline number for the prosecution against child labor in India, which is called the child helpline number. The Child labor helpline number is 1098 service from the age between 5 to 14 years. Yes, now we all can call at ‘1098’ (Child Helpline Number) started by the government to see child labor being carried out around or anywhere in India.
In fact, the solution to this problem can only be by having a solid alternative development system of child labor, improve the education system in India because the problem becomes more complicated due to unilateral decision making. In the present scenario problem of child labor in India is very dangerous for the development of the our society, even it is need to solve it together by creating a supporting environment, political support, administrative help, non-governmental organization (NGO) and individual participation, otherwise the face of the development of Indian society in the 21st century will be more distorted.
Leave a Comment